SAIC is seeking a Senior Mandarin Chinese Linguist with an active TS/SCI to work with a diverse team of analysts, linguists, cultural experts, and operations officers, focused on creating and recognizing targeting opportunities and strategies in the cyber-realm. The successful candidate will be working in a team of various government, subcontractor, and SAIC personnel.
Position is remote/telework available 3 days per week (~60% remote), subject to operational requirements. Travel outside the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area is less than 5%. Facility is located near the Crystal City Metro and Virginia Rail Express (VRE) stations; parking is provided. Dress code is 95% casual, 4% business casual, 1% business.
Daily responsibilities include:
Exhibiting a thorough understanding of the Chinese language and culture
Assisting intelligence and analysis operations in a virtual environment; primarily using mix of Mandarin Chinese and English in-language reading and writing skills
Skillfully utilizing social media applications, open source websites and relevant forums in Chinese language
Applying in-depth knowledge of desktop applications and internet-based research skills with the ability to effectively use internet search tools, and advanced research methods
Identifying and Reporting potential targets and trends
Assisting intelligence and analysis operations
Producing incident, threat, and information reports
Working in a team of various government, subcontractor, and SAIC personnel
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five (5+) years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in International Studies, Business, Media/PR, Hard Sciences or a related field (in-field experience may be substituted for education requirements)
- Minimum DLPT 3/3/2 or Equivalent (ILS, ILR, ALTA) in Chinese
- Graduate of the Defense Language Institute (DLI) or civilian equivalent
- Very strong operational use of popular, legacy, and new social media, forums, messaging services, blog sites, and mobile applications in English and/or Chinese language
- Preparing Information Reports with excellent writing and briefing skills (in English)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to work outside normal business hours (this would be conducted via Telework)
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of five (5)+ years of experience within the US military or US intelligence community iwth a bachelor's degree. Additional years of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Former Military Linguist (35P, 09L, 1N3, 2673, 2799, or equivalent)
- Multiple Chinese Dialects (i.e. Cantonese) or additional Languages
- Knowledgeable of idioms, colloquialisms, slang, and understand the cultural, social, and political environment in which the language is used
- Experience working or living overseas (preferably East Asia)
- Active/Recent Polygraph
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
- Active Top Secret Clearance with ability of obtain SCI (PR within 6 years)
- Willingness to take AND ability pass a polygraph
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.