SAIC is seeking a Program Senior Advisor on the OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
The JPSS Flight Project is responsible for the design, development, manufacturing, integration and test, verification and documentation of the JPSS flight systems, JPSS-2 through -4, which comprise three remaining satellite launches, each with four or more instruments and two existing on-orbit assets, Suomi-NPP and NOAA-20, formerly JPSS-1. In addition to the satellite development, the Project also monitors the launch vehicle acquisition by KSC and provides payload launch integration support.
Program Management Support
- Provide Technical Management support to the JPSS Program Office under the direction of the Deputy Program Manager.
- Support JPSS program preparations and conduct of reviews.
- Maintain a JPSS program master slide and format template for use by the program staff.
- Assist with Reviews, presentations, dry runs and meetings.
- Support JPSS/LEO Program Office for reviews and document preparation.
- Support JPSS Program for reviews.
- Work with JPSS Program to prepare for review.
- Develop charts for review.
- Assist JPSS Program Office in preparation for all JPSS mission launches.
- Support JPSS meetings as required.
- Support JPSS Program Office for reviews and document preparations as needed.
- Edit and reformat presentations where the draft is provided by others.
- Work LEO and JPSS teams in developing post missions and milestones.
- Support new technology development for LEO.
- Support JPSS and LEO meetings as required.
- Support LEO studies for advanced concepts development.
- Generate presentations and meeting agendas with new and reused material.
- Perform assessment of the program plan for JPSS and LEO and provide recommendation for implementation as well as support the program plan implementation.
- Identify, prepare, and maintain JPSS and LEO Program documentations as required by NPR 7120.5E and NESDIS/NOAA/DoC policies.
- Document work performed and assist the Deputy Program Manager to develop technical reports and presentations.
- Provide programmatic insight to advanced concept developments.
- Work with JPSS and LEO Program to identity the content of the reviews.
- Provide programmatic insight into the JPSS and LEO integrated schedule.
- Provide programmatic insight into JPSS and LEO strategic planning.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree and eighteen (18) years or more experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; Experience on challenging projects with proven high output performance on engineering teams.
- Complete mission lifecycle systems engineering experience including concept formulation through routtine operations.
- Experience with flight and ground components of satellite operations.
- Experience with systems engineering disciplines and requirements development.
- Understanding of NASA Systems engineering processes.
- Experience with pre-launch mission review cycles.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Extensive experience with NASA/GSFC and NESDIS/NOAA/DoC Program and Project Management policies and processes.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.