SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service-oriented Tier II Technical Support Coordinator to support a project with our client in D.C. The employee will provide Tier II support the team. The ideal candidate will provide advanced technical support to maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, and restore computer information systems to an operational status, to include laptops and peripherals, networking devices and mobile devices.
- Support systems and networks, including remote communications equipment, mobile (iPhone and iPad) and deployable network communication systems, strategic and tactical multi-channel satellite communication systems (BGAN terminals), secure telephone equipment, video conferencing, laptops, desktops, computer peripherals and other equipment, supporting executive communications capabilities.
- Under very minimal to no supervision, provide support to executive level customers to include interacting with network services, software systems engineering and asset management to restore service and/or identify core problems.
- Responsible for documenting, upgrading and replacing hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for implementing fixes and patches through various means such as registry edits, patch installation, Active Directory Security Policy configuration and various application testing.
- Install, troubleshoot, repair, operate, and maintain networking equipment, encryption devices, computers, workstations, laptops, thin clients, printers, scanners, and any other equipment within the scope of this task.
- Deploy mobile devices including setup of MaaS360, mobile office and business applications as well as device configuration.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of experience; OR, High School equivalent and 6+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience with troubleshooting Windows 10, Active Directory, Microsoft Office suite, Mobile Device Management (MaaS360 / Azure), and laptop computer hardware.
- Dell Certification (self-guided certification provided through Dell TechDirect)
- HDI-DAST certification (within 3 months after hire)
- Self-motivated, creative, capable of working as team or as individual SME for executive level communications support, organized and able to manage individual schedules.
- Thorough knowledge of peripherals (printers, monitors), hardware/software, specifically in an enterprise environment
- Desired certifications: MSCE, CCNA, CompTIA A+, Network+, ITILv3/v4
- Remedy Ticketing System, LAN/WAN troubleshooting, thorough understanding of TCP/IP based networking and encryption devices.
- Must be competent to work as part of a team on all phases of customer support to include physical activities such as moving printers, workstations, scanner and other items.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.