About the Opportunity:
As the IT Hardware Asset Analyst, you will be an integral member of the Enterprise IT Asset Management Task Area team developing processes and procedures for the National Institute of Health (NIH) Property Management Office to deliver enterprise information technology asset and property management inventory modernization. The program supports NIH with ITAM expertise, business process and inventory management analyst support. You will work directly within the Asset Management team to support client stakeholders and their Asset and Property Management modernization requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze, develop, and support the implementation of ITAM Industry Best Practice solutions supported by developed security standards.
- Guide and support efforts to gather and organize technical information about the organization's mission, goals and needs, existing security products, existing inventory management tools, and ongoing programs
- Perform risk analyses which also includes risk assessment for the client’s current environment
- Assess the operational and functional baseline of the organization and its organizational components
- Help to define the direction and strategy for an engagement while ensuring the organizational needs are being addressed
- Define and develop documentation for ITAM property management lifecycle
- Develop reporting and documentation requirements, processes, and procedures
- Define business requirements and report them to stakeholders
- Analyze and support the best practice for the operational management of all in-scope hardware and virtual IT assets throughout their lifecycle from “Desire to Retire”
- Advise and coordinate client’s electronic and physical inventory data collection and reporting
- Ensure that all IT hardware assets are properly recorded in the ServiceNow AMDB & CMDB
- Maintain proficiency in current and emerging ITAM technologies including ITAM in the Cloud
- ITAM Hardware Lifecycle Management expertise, especially in electronic discovery and inventory strategies
- Ability to understand customer requirements and their impact on technical directions of a solution
- Ability to maintain professionalism and react to customers appropriately, while exhibiting the highest level of customer service
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced development process
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to develop, document, and ensure adherence to technical standards
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to sustain your own project work independently in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- IAITAM Certification (CHAMP, CAMP, or CITAM)
- Experience with the ServiceNow Service Management tool
- Asset Management Federal Government consultancy experience
- Knowledge and experience with inter-departmental government protocols and issues
- ITIL v4 Fundamentals
Required Years of Experience/ Education
- Bachelor’s Degree or an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- 2 years of experience
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Physical Requirement(s): No Physical requirement needed for this position
Min. Citizenship Status Required: US Citizen
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $65,001 - $75,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.