SAIC is seeking a Software Configuration Analyst to support the US Navy in Crane, IN.
Note: This is a pipeline position for future openings/future demand.
- Develops and maintains software configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally developed software and externally purchased commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software products.
- Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new software product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable.
- Designs, develops, automates, and maintains productivity tools using programming, database or scripting languages to improve software modeling and development.
- Designs and implements build procedures that are used to support software product development and use. May develop software configuration standards for company-wide use.
- May train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Work is reviewed by supervisor/lead to measure meeting objectives. Directs established guidelines, procedures and policies.
- PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of the variety of factors.
- FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under general direction on routine work. May receive detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Follows established procedures. Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of milestones associated with specific projects. Failure to achieve results or erroneous decisions or recommendations may cause delays in program schedules and may result in allocation of additional resources.
- LIASON: Primarily internal company contacts. Infrequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters.
- Ensures configuration change control and regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software.
- Provides the controls and governance around the implementation of various releases, establish release schedules, tracking and control records.
- Uses expertise and facilitation skills to Develop early release definition and scope negotiation.
- Develop release strategy with stakeholders, to include testing teams.
- Develop and maintain communication plan of Change and Release to internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner including release notes and installation documentation.
- Act as Subject-Matter-Expert on status accounting tool implementation and process automation.
- Coordinate with all necessary parties to coordinate change building, testing, and implementation in accordance with schedules.
- Conduct a post-release evaluation meeting to discuss issues and identify improvement opportunities.
- Ensuring traceability of deployed software to meet audit requirements.
- Builds and manages the implementation plans and co-ordinates the dry run/pilot activities in a consistent and repeatable fashion.
- Builds and maintains strong internal and external working relationships.
- Identifies and implements process re-engineering for maximum efficiency.
- Participates in cross-process initiatives formulated to create or improve existing functionality and processes.
- Providing tactical support to the Business Process Control Branch Manager, ensuring team members have necessary tools, training, support and guidance required to perform duties successfully.
- Primary point of contact for escalations and for any Release Management related issues.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE:
- Bachelors or higher degree in computer science, engineering and two (2) years relative experience; OR Masters and 0.
- Experience with deployment of software and testing tools is highly desirable to ensure implementation can be successful.
- Strong knowledge of analytic and production data environments, and methods to optimize for business efficiency.
- Strong risk management and compliance background is a plus.
- Extensive experience in matrix management of resources required.
- Experience in managing project schedules, tracking project completion, and reporting progress effectively to management in a timely fashion required.
- Experience creating enterprise solutions for cross functional business units.
- Experience in project change control, and effective communication of changes and their drivers to management and team members highly desired.
- Experience in development and deployment of solutions to meeting business requirements highly desired.
- Must have Microsoft Word Expertise in formatting and Drawing tools are preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively with team members of diverse backgrounds and experience required.
- Ability to navigate and drive change through a large, complex environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.