Reporting directly to the Sector President, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship while serving as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the office of the President.
The Executive Assistant will provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President's office and key stakeholders; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management and staff. Absolute confidentiality and a high degree of professionalism are critical to this position.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion in a dynamic environment.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and/or editing correspondence that are sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the President's schedule is followed and respected.
- Communicates, on behalf of the President, with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrates leadership and professional maturity to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization. Engender credibility and trust with all levels of staff and executive leadership.
- Proactively takes charge of situations and understands the importance and urgency of issues while maintaining a calm and organized environment.
- Uses independent judgment, initiative and tact to make administrative decisions, resolve issues and escalate to the appropriate areas in a timely manner with careful regard for confidentiality and in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Constantly looks for ways to increase organization, improve efficiency, and solve problems while consistently meeting deadlines.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns and determines appropriate course of action, referral, and/or response.
- Partners with key administrative staff across the enterprise and provides a bridge for smooth communication between other parts of the company.
- Prepares confidential documents, agendas, and presentations to be presented by the President both internally and externally.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 10+ years of related work experience including 5+ years supporting C-Level Executives, preferably supporting a large organization, or 4 additional years of comparable experience in an executive administrative role within a professional business environment in lieu of a degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced level of skills and experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word. Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive-level meetings, and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook.
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently. Sound judgment and ability to manage through disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, effectively manage new/shifting responsibilities and priorities, and handle multiple, complex tasks at any given time.
- Ability to tolerate stress and be adaptable, flexible, persistent, versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills and use of common sense to anticipate and resolve challenges or obstacles resourcefully with diplomacy, efficiency and timeliness.
- Ability to interface with internal and external stakeholders with professional maturity, confidentiality and discretion.
- Flexible outlook and attitude and willingness to accept additional assignments and work outside of core hours as required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.