SAIC currently has a job opening for a Procurement Intern position for registering and onboarding suppliers in our SAIC Supplier Portal. This is a teleworking position. The candidate will assist suppliers with completing the Supplier Portal registration process and liaison with suppliers to assist them in verifying and updating Supplier Portal company profile and non-employee user account information. The employee will report to the Supplier Quality Engineer, Senior Procurement Manager.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Engage new and existing suppliers and their employees, assisting them in compliantly registering in the Supplier Portal to receive Requests for Quotations, Purchase Orders, and submit invoices.
- Responsibilities include corresponding with suppliers via phone, video call, and email to aide them in compliantly completing the registration of their companies, requesting non-employee Cornerstone user accounts, completing the identity proofing process, and successfully enabling Multi-factor Authentication (MFA) so they can access the SAIC Supplier Portal
- Providing necessary user information and instructions in the navigation of Supplier Portal applications and helping suppliers initially traverse new or unfamiliar Supplier Portal transactions.
- Monitoring non-employee accounts and assisting both non-employees and their SAIC sponsors in account re-certification, MFA and password issues, and supplier data cleanup and maintenance.
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental goals and objectives
- Junior or Senior working toward Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management with zero (0) years of experience.
- Solid communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with internet applications, Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to listen, comprehend, and solve suppliers issues in accessing the Supplier Portal with the assistance of a supervisor
- Demonstrate excellent comprehension, empathy, critical thinking, and good problem-solving skills
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $25,001 - $35,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.