SAIC has an opportunity for a Program Manager: Training SME to support Business Development and Capture Support for Navy contracts. This position is a remote position.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for successful delivery of a program to a customer; or manage performance of a task or project as part of a larger program under direction of another PM.
- Manage and integrate activities in accordance with contract requirements and ensure technical, schedule, cost, and financial performance.
- Define or contribute to the program baseline then execute the program to comply with baseline requirements.
- Manage risk, customer relationships, and program staffing.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and escalate challenges to SAIC leadership. Support business development and program staff management. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & CAPTURE SUPPORT DUTIES:
- Contributes to a BD plan to capture new business and protect current program.
- Assists in forming new business and re-compete capture win strategy.
- Helps to identify potential selling opportunities related to future growth beyond current account.
- Helps to identify opportunity-buying influences.
- Identifies possible investment areas by providing repeatable and differentiated offerings and capabilities used in the current account.
- Supports the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability.
- Takes an active role in developing technical and management approaches.
- Helps formulate competitive assessments to support the pursuit and execution phases. As a key member of the Capture Team, support the team’s effort to drive the opportunity from the capture decision to contract award.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- In support of Business Development and Capture efforts, contributes to the development of new concepts, techniques, and standards.
- Considered expert in programs arena.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet objectives.
- Provides guidance to more junior team members to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies, which affect organization.
- Provides input in planning, developing and implementing the program baseline.
- Identifies and analyzes minor variances, and defines corrective actions in coordination with Program Oversight.
- Responsible for a task or project when it is part of a larger program reporting to another PM; or responsible for overall execution as the sole PM for a Category 3 program(s) or a Category 4 program(s) with domestic funding.
- Manages a medium size program staff that may include subcontractors or suppliers. Conducts financial discussions in coordination with internal cross-functional team. Uses standard, well-defined processes, procedures, techniques, or tools that may require program specific modifications.
- Occasionally reviewed for soundness of judgment and overall quality and content by Program Oversight.
- Primary customer interface for technical, management, and contract matters; information sharing; and moderate problem resolution.
PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT OF PROGRAM STAFF:
- Possesses maturing leadership and management skills that require periodic mentoring and feedback from supervisors.
- Escalates and resolves minor program issues.
- Provides input to MS on performance reviews, compensation-related actions, and staffing and hiring recommendations.
- Resolves minor personnel issues in coordination with MS, HR, and Program Oversight.
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; PhD or JD and ten (10) years or more experience.
- 10 (ten) or more years of engineering or operational experience onboard USN AEGIS and LCS ships with qualifications as AEGIS Tactical Action Officer (TAO), SSDS Tactical Action Officer (TAO), AEGIS Anti-Air Warfare Coordinator (AAWC) and AEGIS Surface Warfare Coordinator (SUWC)
- 5 (five) or more years as an expert in USN Training Domain: Sailor 2025, Ready Relevant Learning and Surface Training Advanced Virtual Environment.
- Master Training Specialist with 5 (five) years management experience leading instructors and curriculum developers supporting Navy classroom and blended learning tasks, including CBT and LVC.
- This position requires travel to customer and company sites.
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain required
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $150,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.