SAIC is searching for an experienced Senior Business Analyst who can gather important information needed to generate requirements, use cases, business process models, and other artifacts necessary to document the changing business IT landscape of our client. Review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs.
Our ideal candidate provides expertise on continuous process improvement strategies, organizational redesign, change management projects, and performance measures for basic business process engagements. Defines and develops business processes, policies, roles and responsibilities, and performance metrics; Conducts analysis of business processes: current state analysis, gap analysis, benchmarking, best practices identification, organizational assessment, and other related tasks. Plans and implements process improvements, including: future state design, change management, and transition planning. Participates in risk management analysis and assists with the creation of business continuity, contingency, and disaster recovery plans. Develops and executes the testing processes utilized to validate the disaster recovery plans.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop comprehensive use cases at the application and multi-application levels
- Oversee all aspects of project, leading a team on medium to large projects or significant segment of large complex projects
- Assists in developing, implementing, and maintaining policies, procedures, and programs for the security and integrity of data, databases, information systems, and technology
- Participates in risk management analysis and assists with the creation of business continuity, contingency, and disaster recovery plans
- Develops and executes the testing processes utilized to validate the disaster recovery plans
- Ensures recovery infrastructure is fully documented, vital records protected, with a comprehension of the declaration of authority, order of succession, recovery, and dependencies necessary to recover business-protected infrastructure
- Determine and document user requirements for business processes and abide by those requirements for future projects
- Monitor existing IT service delivery business processes to determine current states, define desired future states, and perform gap analysis
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications
- Improve systems by studying current practices; designing modifications
- Provide expertise on continuous process improvement strategies and performance measures; writing improved procedures
- Maintain user confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Interpret, evaluate and interrelate research data and develop integrated business analyses and projections for incorporation into strategic decision-making
- Understand and communicate the financial and operational impact of any changes
- Suggest changes to senior management using analytics to support your recommendations.
- Analyze new and complex project-related problems and create innovative solutions that normally involves schedule, technology, methodology, tools, solution components, and financial management of the project
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree. May accept an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- 5+ years of associated work experience
- It is preferred for someone to have at least 1+ years of Business Analyst experience
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office and Visio
- Detailed analytical abilities
- Organized with strong time-management skills
- Strong experience in user testing and requirements management
- DRII ABCP (Disaster Recovery Institute International Associate Business Continuity Professional) certification - preferable
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.