SAIC is seeking a Software Assurance (SwA) Engineer to advance the practice of SwA and related system security engineering (SSE) through all phases of a system acquisition, from requirements through design and production to sustainment and disposal of military systems that may operate in physical or cyberspace domains.
The ideal candidate will be a well-versed software engineer with systems engineering knowledge of DoD programs, software development, and the current Cybersecurity/Risk Management Framework process.
Job duties include:
- Advocate for improving the DoD state-of-the-practice for SwA and Cybersecurity.
- Coordinate with the Military Services for the development of SwA policy, guidance, and best practice and support the development of SwA/Cyber-related DoD strategies, findings, assessments, recommendations and reports to DoD senior leaders.
- Develop and review policy, acquisition and technical guidance, strategy, methods, and technology roadmaps, as directed by the government.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of technical experience in the areas of Software Engineering, Software Assurance, and/or System Security Engineering
- Recent and relevant experience with modern software development methodologies and environments including Agile, DevSecOps, etc.
- Experience communicating with senior management and reporting progress against schedule
- Ability to interact regularly with Service program offices and development contractors.
- Experience in delivering complex solutions in a high-pressure environment
- Possess communications and leadership skills with demonstrated ability to provide long-term guidance and solutions
- Possess strong analytical, problem-solving, prioritization, task management and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and conceptually, and to transform ideas into practical implementation
- Must have minimum SECRET clearance; ability to obtain TOP SECRET clearance
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline or related field
- 5 years or more of Acquisition or Engineering experience supporting DoD programs of record
- Experience with static and dynamic software assurance/analysis tools
- Knowledge of DOD acquisition lifecycle, policy and guidance
- Background and capability in the following types of areas: Software Engineering, Agile software development, Embedded Software, Software Design, Risk Management Framework, Software Security, Systems Integration, Software Testing
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.