Job ID: 2118165
Location: REMOTE WORK, VA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Category: Business Development
Subcategory: Capture Mgmt
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is looking to bring on a Sr Principal Capture Manager . This position reports to the Vice President of Business Development and Capture in the Army Business Unit. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the Army Team. This candidate will ideally be located in the NOVA/DC area.
Develops and executes the overall capture strategy associated with an approved pursuit effort to increase the win probability. Candidate will orchestrate the bid strategy, develop technical and management approaches, provide oversight of the development of the cost volume, formulate competitive assessments, and tailor team staffing needs to the pursuit. The Capture Manager will drive the opportunity from the capture decision to contract award. The candidate is responsible for closing the deal on already identified targeted opportunities for new and existing business
The Capture Manager is responsible for the capture leadership of assigned opportunities in support of the Army growth strategy. The Capture Manager must thrive in an environment where they are responsible for the management and execution of the full BD life-cycle process across multiple simultaneous pursuits and proposals. The Capture Manager will routinely be assigned 3-4 solicitation pursuits at various stages of capture at the same time. The ideal candidate will have previously served as a capture manager with proven experience supporting DoD customers and have a network of contacts.
Successful candidates will have the ability to conceptualize a vision for winning, to develop a capture plan that implements the vision and translates into win themes, to adjust the vision as the procurement unfolds, and to focus and manage the capture activities and team (internal and external) to achieve the vision through final proposal submission and assist in preparing the execution team to perform quickly post award.
• Develop a plan for securing knowledge and understanding of the customer’s requirements, issues, and needs during the pursuit and capture phases and lead planning sessions with core team
• Coordinate meetings with customers, competitors, clients, and teammates to develop market insight on requirements, acquisition strategy, acquisition timing, and contract vehicle choices
• Plan and participate in capture activities, to include opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration and workshop sessions, proposal reviews
• Lead competitive assessments, teaming, and price-to-win efforts.
• Lead the development and submission of white papers, RFI responses, and other proposal artifacts as assigned
• Apply a practical application (including documentation) of the SAIC capture planning process and practices
• Brief capture status to senior management, to the CEO level when appropriate, at specified milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and as needed
• Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions
• Develop capture budgets and execute capture plans within those approved budgets
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• 10+ year of experience with Capture Management
• Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers
• A proven track record of successful capture management in the IT market across multiple organizations and program offices in the Department of Defense at a variety of acquisition sizes
• A track record of leading large (>$100 Million) captures and winning those competitions; as well as developing and managing a multiple opportunity pipeline
• Experience leading teams in a virtual environment; ability to work through others, and get results from teams that do not report directly to you
• Technical writing and proposal development experience
• An ability to relate concepts and plans to their financial outcomes and clearly demonstrate an understanding of corporate indirect rates and LOE/BOE development
• Strong verbal communication skills and prior experience briefing executives
• Willingness to travel to other U.S. cities to support customer visits and strategy workshops. Estimated up to 25% annually as required.
• 3+ years program management and/or IT systems experience a plus
• Completed professional training in Capture Management
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.