SAIC is seeking a Chief Solutions Architect to join our Federal Financial Practice leadership team within our Federal Civilian Customer Group in Reston, VA. SAIC’s vision is to be the premier technology integrator in our markets by making a profound difference supporting our customers’ missions. SAIC’s Federal Financial Practice organization is transforming software design, development and deployment for our customers across the federal government.
The Chief Solutions Architect will solve challenging, complex and mission critical challenges. The Chief Solutions Architect will provide technical leadership and execution support for large, complex, strategically important, enterprise programs and proposals. Leveraging expertise in modern software technologies, the Chief Solutions Architect will define implementation architecture, estimate solution staffing and provide vision and direction for project and proposal teams.
- Performs as the Technical Lead for multiple capture activities. The Chief Solutions Architect will be responsible for all aspects of technical solution development based on technical and customer domain knowledge and experience. The Chief Solutions Architect will leverage domain expertise to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements and lead the development of a complete solution meeting all technical requirements resulting in a price competitive proposal.
- Leads the software aspects of business development and supports all aspects of solution development including architecture definition, proposal writing, proposal reviews and basis of estimate (BOE) development.
- Contributes concepts to differentiate SAIC from competitors.
- Defines software architectures that provide security, scalability, fault tolerance and optimal performance. Makes recommendations to share best-practice knowledge and improve internal processes across SAIC. Works with corporate and other teams to provide consistency across SAIC.
- Perform as the Program Technical Lead for customer projects strategic to the company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelors and 17+ years of IT related experience, Assocciates and 19+ years of IT related experience, or a High School degree and 21+ years of IT related experience
- Minimum of 17 years of IT experience across multiple functional areas. A software development background is required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, and be able to convey technical information to non-technical as well as technical personnel. This position requires the ability to communicate with all levels of customer and SAIC personnel.
- Must have experience in responding to request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI) as an Solution Architect or a similar role
- Must have participated in application modernization efforts of core enterprise platforms within the US Department of Treasury, it sub-agencies or other Federal Financial/ Financial Regulatory institutions or closely related agencies
- Hands-on experience as an architect in one or more complex enterprise data environments defining data standards, metadata management, data engineering, and data governance processes
- Must understand the full SDLC, and have experience leading Agile Teams; Scrum Master, or other agile, certification is a plus
- Must have modernization, system integration, and/or software development experience within legacy coding environments such as ALC, and COBOL.
- Experience/knowledge of tools and techniques for Agile and DevOps
- Experience in defining technical solutions using cloud based solutions (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)
- Hands-on experience and/or deep knowledge of digital transformation technical domains (e.g. microservices, containers, cloud native development, API management, mobile development)
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizenship required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.