SAIC is seeking a motivated and dedicated Program Control Analyst within the Army IT/C5ISR Operation of SAIC’s Defense & Civilian Sector.
This position requires proven experience across project planning and control and variance analysis with a background in Federal procurement. Experience in financial planning and analysis is a plus. Candidate should be familiar with multiple program types (CPAF, CPFF, LOE, FPLOE, FFP, T&M, IDIQs, etc.) with varying degree of complexities.
This position is available 100% remote nationwide. Candidates local to Northern VA, Huntsville, AL, or San Diego, CA areas preferred.
- Interface with program managers, SAIC’s finance, accounting, contracts, subcontracts, and procurement organizations, as well as external customers on a daily basis to address operational issues in a timely and effective manner
- Support cash flow improvement initiatives by maintaining detailed, complex invoice backup reports that drive customer invoice approvals
- Preparation of financial deliverables and internal/external reports to include invoicing backup
- Support development of Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly forecasts, monthly latest revised estimates (LREs), and Estimates At Complete (EACs)
- Participate in the development of budgets (spend plans) for assigned programs and perform financial analysis on funding profiles and program financial variances
- Conducts cost, schedule, and contract performance variance analysis
- Submit and maintain purchase requisitions for subcontractors, consultants, and materials; monitoring subcontractor’s cost and review/approve of invoices
- Review and support Request for Proposals (RFPs), prepare pricing models and cost analysis
- Support other programmatic ad hoc requests, as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in a Finance or Accounting discipline with 6 years or more of relevant experience in federal government contracting
- Experience in providing financial tracking and support for the government customer in areas of Program Control, Finance, Cost Estimating, Financial Analysis, or Accounting
- Demonstrate the ability to process and analyze large volumes of data in Excel and consolidate into management level reports
- Knowledge of general and corporate business practices, government contracting regulations and principles, and accounting and finance principles
- Complete understanding of financial analysis such as ROS, ROC, annual operating plans, accounts receivable, and revenue & profit forecasts, as well as an understanding of the preparation of program baseline data, EAC development, and cost estimating/pricing
- Can make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, accounting principles
- Well versed in the entire life cycle of a program from proposal development through contract close out
- Ability to balance long-term thinking with short-term execution
- Strong organizational and communication skills, the ability to perform effectively within deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), with advanced Excel skillset
- Ability to prioritize and work with supervision, be persistent in follow-through
- Must be able to multi-task and support program with efficiency and accuracy
- Strong knowledge of Costpoint and Cognos
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.