SAIC is looking for a Principal Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer to join our team to support an important US government agency in the National Capital Region. Principal Cybersecurity Engineer will provide technical support, process, and solutions necessary for different infrastructure and application projects. Principal Cybersecurity Engineer will also work directly with Security tools team to provide support for various Security applications configuration. This position is able to be worked remotely.
- Gather requirements, perform gap analysis, develop, and present potential solutions, and create detailed design and implementation plans.
- Design, configure, support, and administer enterprise on-premises and cloud security solutions.
- Review proposed new systems, networks, and software designs for potential security risks, recommend mitigations or countermeasures.
- Provide technical assistance and security recommendations regarding the planning, implementation, integration, and management of existing and emerging infrastructures.
- Assist application teams through the Software Development Life Cycle process including security requirement gathering, configuration, and testing.
- Provide troubleshooting support for various security tools and agency applications.
- Escalate and work closely with product vendors to support the technical environment.
- Knowledge of best practice Cybersecurity and Threat-based Cybersecurity frameworks and latest trends
- Support strategic leadership activities identifying, analyzing, defining, and coordinating user, customer, and stakeholder needs and translating them into technical or operational requirements for the research, development, production, and/or procurement of processes, systems, and/or services.
- Identifies, quantifies, and evaluates the costs/benefits of security functions and considerations to inform analysis of alternatives, engineering trade-offs, and risk treatment decisions.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplined engineering teams as the primary security engineering representative for the architecture, design, and implementation.
- Support the PM by providing information for status reports, status briefings, schedules, project plans, etc., both in written and oral form.
- Provide technical hands-on support for various Security Tool Administration of AV / EDR, DLP, Web Proxy, Email Security, IDPS and SIEM Technologies.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 8-10 years of IT experience in roles with progressive responsibilities.
- Must have at least 3 years of overall experience supporting cloud and on-premises IT platform security solutions.
- Must have at least 2 years of supporting Azure Platforms (Saas, Paas and Iaas) and Azure Security.
- Candidates for consideration must be eligible to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Three (3) or more years of experience providing hands on technical support for AV / EDR, DLP, Web Proxy, Email Security, IDPS Technologies.
- Two (2) years of experience in administering Operation systems (Windows and Linux)
- One (1) or more years of experience in administering SIEM
- One or more current Security certification (such as Security+, CISSP)
- Able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to work in a matrixed and collaborative environment.
- Requires exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Capacity to gain a thorough knowledge of the relevant specialty area.
- Willing to continuously update personal IT skills and knowledge.
- Comfortable collaborating and communicating with agile teams and clients
- A solid understanding of IT security tools and concepts and strong threat modeling skills.
- A good working understanding of and technical experience in IT platforms such as Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle etc. are also a plus.
- Working knowledge of current government mandated cybersecurity policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with a broad cross-section of personnel to explain security measures (NIST 800-53 controls).
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $155,001 - $165,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.