The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst will install, administer, and optimize the Network Monitoring and Alerting system and related components, to achieve and maintain high performance and availability of the whole IT infrastructure for over 10,000+ users. The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst will use SolarWinds and other tools to proactively alert and address potential issues, and assist in the troubleshooting process. The Senior IT Systems Integration Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help, identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize availability of system resources; Make recommendations on network enhancements for optimization based on best practices; Respond to customer requirements and ensure that customer needs are being met in a timely fashion; Provide day-to-day support to customers in the network, including incident reporting and management.
- Assist with planning and administering changes to the SolarWinds IT infrastructure management platform to ensure the application is effective – including coordinating adding /removing infrastructure into the monitoring tool, SolarWinds updates, upgrades, patching and module implementation.
- Set up custom thresholds and alerts in SolarWinds for each category of object on the network.
- Create relevant groups and special fields for objects in SolarWinds to properly sort and categorize objects and alerts.
- Maintain the list of objects in SolarWinds using embedded tools, as well as custom scripts to collect information from the network; mitigating all changes to the node list.
- Set up “single pane of glass” pages for the appropriate IT groups in SolarWinds, with relevant reports of all items they need monitored. This can be the first page every tech sees every morning reporting on everything that affects their work.
- Expect to be called upon to analyze and interpret traffic and utilization of services on network connections.
- Provide IT groups with the best reports and utilities to monitor their network objects.
- Create and modify SolarWinds user accounts with proper permissions.
- Update relevant fields in SolarWinds that need manual input. (vendor, IT contact, application support contacts, business leads, warranties, etc.).
- Fully document the current monitoring environment including diagrams, SOP documentation, and user guides.
- Participate in disaster recovery exercises, pre-production certification testing and troubleshooting events is expected.
- Provide on-call support as well as scheduling and attendance for maintenance windows on nights and weekends as needed.
SCOPE: N/A LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT: N/A KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITY: Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field. General knowledge of other related disciplines. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives. Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Work is reviewed by management to measure whether objectives have been met. PROBLEM COMPLEXITY: Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives. FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. IMPACT: Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects. Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources. LIASON: Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
Required Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience. May accept an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Prefer 5+ years of experience with systems administration and operations of infrastructure management tools, including maintaining responsibility for overseeing operational performance, and performing performance trend analysis and alert generation for failed or failing services in a professional IT work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or IT certifications (i.e. MCSE, CCNA, CompTIA Server+, ITIL) are preferred
- Experience administering and leveraging SolarWinds monitoring tools for system alerts and performance.
- Experience with SolarWinds Orion configuration and management for NPM, SAM, WPM, IPAM, VNQM, VMAN modules.
- Experience working with Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP.
- Strong collaboration skills and be effective in working within a team environment. Willingness to display teamwork and share information with team members and customers.
- Knowledge of supporting customer-wide network infrastructure to meet network requirements by monitoring performance and availability and tuning network infrastructure to meet SLAs for LAN, WAN, and Datacenter infrastructure.
- Can work on high impact/high pressure day-to-day support issues managing various networking technologies
- Ability to communicate professionally both verbally and written with all levels of the organization.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule to include after-hours/weekends as needed
- Experience engineering/administering a wide variety of server infrastructure
- Experience administering / deploying infrastructure devices such as servers, switches, routers, firewalls, UPS.
- Experience with SNMPv3 network management tools, security management tools, traffic analysis tools, including NetFlow and NetFlow collectors, network management tools, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, , Wireshark, ServiceNow, MRTG, Fluke, SPAN
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, Palo Alto networking devices, SPLUNK, and VMWare.
- Knowledge of capabilities and limitations of computer hardware, Servers, PCs, Laptops, Printers & Peripherals.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.