SAIC is seeking a Remote .Net Developer to join our team in support of work taking place at the Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This position will be a working with a team in support of a data consolidation / migration project. This is a Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position.
- Work within a scrum team of database developers/administrators/engineers, software developers, and business analysts to create APIs and custom API management software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology. At least 5 years’ experience using Microsoft Visual Studio for Web based development; Associates and 7 years' experience. Four (4) years of additional related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Related certification will also be considered in leui of years of experience as well.
- Demonstrate a senior level of competence in object-oriented analysis, design and coding in a .NET server-side environment, specifically utilizing .net core WebAPI and SPA web design.
- At least 2 years of experience using a major database (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, etc.).
- At least 2 years of experience using Web API (.NET 4.x, .NET Core 3.x).
- At least 2 years of experience in developing and consuming restful web services.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing automated testing.
- Experience in writing SQL (select, insert, update, and delete statements).
- Experience with Agile software development lifecycle (SAFe, Scrum, etc.).
- Comfortable with Source Control (GIT, TFS).
- Comfortable with debugging and analyzing software errors.
- Comfortable with object oriented analysis and design.
- Comfortable working with and writing HTML, CSS, and JSON.
- Full stack developer
- Knowledge of programming language mechanics, to include Compiling, Parsing, and Interpretation
- Experience with Object-Oriented Programming, scripting, and imperative programming
- Ability to incorporate external libraries
- Web Development
- Deployment / provisioning of servers
- Understanding of API usage
- Comprehensive understanding of data structures, sorting algorithms, and execution time complexity
- Implement basic security
- Understanding of REST / CRUD, HTTP requests and responses
- Integrates front-end (or API end-point) to middleware to back-end
- Must have CompTIA Security+ certification prior to start date.
- Possess a SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain one. Must have at least an interim SECRET to begin work on the contract and SAIC will assist the qualified candidate with the processing of the interim clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.