SAIC is looking for a REMOTE Java Developer to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. The qualified candidate will be a part of a team that is enhancing and upgrading applications in an enterprise environment. Responsible for the design, development, and fielding of enterprise application solutions for the US Army Human Resources Command supporting the Army Transition Assistance Program. We are seeking a Mid-level Java Developer, who has on-the-fly abilities to diagnose, understand, and resolve production issues if or when they occur. This is a 100% Remote / Virtual / Work from Home position.
- Works with the Principal Java Developer and other members of a project team to develop the site concept, interface design, and architecture of the website. Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with backend databases. Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers. Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Requires strong navigation and site-design instincts.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline and 2 years or more of experience. Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in leui of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful web services
- Experience with application servers such as Tomcat, JBOSS or Websphere
- Experience using XML for Development and maintenance is a plus
- Experience with web frameworks such as Spring or Struts
- Experience with .NET framework or SQL is a plus. Server Reporting Services is a plus
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, or similar databases valuable and a plus Experience using version control tools such as Git.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Agile, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work and find solutions independently as well as collaboratively within the team.
- Able to receive mentoring and coaching from more experienced developers as necessary in role.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance Required; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.