SAIC is looking for a REMOTE Java Developer to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a 100% Remote / Work from Home position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide support in specialized technology areas such as requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessment, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, and/or maintenance.
- Assist in design and development of database systems.
- Optimize database systems for performance and reliability.
- Test database systems and perform bug fixes.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Develop database functions, scripts, stored procedures and triggers to support application development.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintains standard policies for database development activities.
- Create physical and logical database models as per the business requirements.
- Prepares documentations regarding database design, configuration and change management tasks.
- Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Comply with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science (or related) and two (2) years or more experience; Masters and zero (0) years or more experience; 4 years of additional experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams
- Experience with Spring/JEE and Core Java programming
- Experience with the Linux operating system
- Experience with Apache and JBoss or other web servers such as Tomcat a plus
- Experience in mission critical, high availability, high reliability environments.
- Strong knowledge of triggers, stored procedures, third party tools, replication, clustering, and transaction monitoring.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance Required; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.