The candidate for this Technologist/Field Engineer (FE) position will conduct testing of equipment to ensure the accurate level of integrity for the system. Perform visual and operational inspections of office equipment to include bench testing, the use of Digital Imaging tools, using approved test procedures that are in accordance with OEM and current U.S. Government specifications. The candidate will perform the following core duties:
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively orally and in writing. Ability to research statistical, narrative, and electronic information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, think conceptually, observe and evaluate trends, analyze data, and draw conclusions.
- Disassembly to the printed circuit board level and inspection, reassembly and installation of modifications as required, and final operational testing.
- Perform non-destructive testing, inspection, diagnosis, and mitigate technical security vulnerabilities of IT hardware to include, Workstations, Printers, Network components, VTC’s and Telephony equipment.
- Provide overseas field engineering service to include maintenance and final disposition to IT hardware.
- Strong Networking and Call Manager experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills are required.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelors degree and two (2) years or more experience; Additional experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Military and/or Intelligence Community experience in a relevant technical field of Electrical Engineering Technology or related field is preferred.
- Ability to read and apply, schematics and technical manuals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly involving walking, talking, hearing, using hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reaching with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus, and color vision.
- Active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.