General Overview: Are you driven to excel as a proposal writer and motivated to produce high-scoring content? If so, join the SAIC Proposal Development Center of Excellence. SAIC offers the opportunity to win more as part of a collaborative team dedicated to high-quality proposal writing. SAIC proposal writers work across technical capabilities and program teams, build strong relationships, support diverse customer needs, and advance their capabilities beyond the industry standard.
Position Description: The Proposal Writer collaborates with SAIC experts and team members to develop compliant, responsive, and compelling proposals in response to Federal Government solicitations.
Description of Duties:
- Writes technical, management, resume, and/or past performance sections.
- Coordinates with capture management, solutions architects, and technical subject matter experts (SME) to develop content plans and storyboards.
- Leads resume and past performance volumes, providing direction and oversight to supporting writers.
- Works as part of a collaborative team to clearly articulate solution and strategy, approach to performing the work, experience, win themes, and discriminators.
- Researches previous content to gather success stories and proof points.
- Applies communication and interviewing skills to gather needed information from internal and external personnel to support writing activities.
- Provides training and guidance to junior writing staff and input into training content.
- Collaborates with SAIC professionals on the most effective way to present proposed approaches and solutions and substantiate any claims.
- Writes clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translates complex ideas into easily understandable text.
- Develops and implements process improvements to help improve proposal quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, History, Political Science, or related field
- 10+ years of professional experience, 8+ years with master’s
- 5+ years of experience working as a proposal writer responding to Federal Government solicitations
- Excellent writing skills
- Comfortable analyzing and extracting requirements from Federal Government RFPs
- Ability to organize information throughout the proposal life cycle
- Strong work ethic and desire to excel and keep growing over time
- Demonstrated success writing compliant and compelling past performance and resumes
- Demonstrated success writing technical, management, staffing, and other narrative sections
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $105,001 - $115,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.