SAIC is seeking a Strategic Facilities Planner to support to Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane Division (NSWC-CR) Facility Management Branch, providing general maintenance solutions to repair NSWC-CR facilities; physical portfolio encompassing over 300 facility assets totaling over 3 million square feet in Crane, IN.
- Conduct engineering studies of facilities including campus design, building layouts, high level building system designs, and other facility engineering studies
- Collect requirements information for potential facility investments, prepare associated cost estimates, and provide an assessment as to which alternative best solves a facility requirement
- Assist with the development of Military Construction (MILCON) projects and concept studies. The work includes attending meetings with customers utilizing Basic Facility Requirements (BFR) to support the customer’s facility requirements
- Develop a report for each MILCON project, including a description of the project, proposed plan layouts, associated project costs, and timelines for completion
- Provide technical analysis and preparation of technical documentation including DD Form 1391 MILCON project package preparation
- Provide investment recommendations to the Government with high-level cost, schedule and priority identified following current NSWC-CR planning cycles, to be provided to the contractor by the government
- Support NSWC-CR stakeholders in drafting local site approval documentation, utilizing Government provided formats and instructions
- Provide project management support through the application of PMBOK principles (or equivalent) to plan, schedule, track, manage, coordinate, and report on all assigned projects
- Generate status reports for facilities projects and collect data and information for data calls
- Provide project planning, track progress to schedule, track and follow up action item resolution, including deliverables, plan, and prepare presentations as required
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must have comprehensive understanding of strategic facilities planning methods and processes
- Ability to understand and comprehend blueprints/specifications, master plans, and large facility construction development
- Must be proficient in using computer software to develop project concepts, scopes, estimates, schedules, and schematics, to include CAD (AutoCad preferred), MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Word, and MS Project
- Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel within the customer organization and with external planning and execution agents.
- Must be able to obtain a full Secret Clearance; an Interim Secret is required to start, SAIC will help to obtain
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.