SAIC is looking for a REMOTE Java Developer to join our team in support of our customer at the Army Human Resources Command in Fort Knox, KY, while working from home. This is a 100% Remote / Work from Home position.
- Responsible for interface implementation.
- Integrates web applications with back-end databases.
- Deploys large web-based transaction systems using application servers.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the integration of new products per production and client requirements.
- Designs, writes, and maintains unit tests such as Selenium tests
Required Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of software development experience developing Java web applications and a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or a Master’s degree; Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience with Java Design patterns (MVC, DAO, Singleton, Factory, etc.)
- Experience with RDBMS such as Oracle, SQLServer, or similar databases
- Experience using version control tools such as Git.
- Experience with software development processes such as SDLC, Scrum, or similar.
- Experience supporting JVMs in Unix/Linux/Windows environments.
- Experience using modern UI technologies such as Angular, React, and Bootstrap.
- Experience using build tools such as Maven, Gradle, and npm.
- Experience Designing, writing, and maintaining unit tests with Selenium
- Creative problem solving abilities and strong work ethic with “can do” attitude.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and compile them into development tasks.
- Ability to estimate tasks based off of technical debt, level of effort, and complexity.
- Ability to thrive in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to function at a fast pace with multiple deadlines.
- US Citizen – No dual citizenship
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance Required; an interim Secret is acceptable to start work. SAIC will assist with the processing of the interim secret security clearance for the qualified candidate.
- CompTIA Security + Certification is required prior to start date.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $100,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.