We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Business Analyst with hands-on testing experience to join our team in Sterling, VA to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
- Serve as a business analyst and a spokesperson to support developing detailed documentation of client and solution needs; gather both functional and non-functional requirements
- Interact with Office of Information Technology (OIT) PMs and their customers
- Perform data analysis of operational data to identify patterns, anomalies and opportunities for system enhancements; confirm data integrity and alignment with user stories
- Use of Atlassian tools like Confluence and Jira for documentation
- Create detailed user stories in JIRA with clear acceptance criteria
- Help Project Manager to organize stories, epics and versions in JIRA
- Serve as a backup Scrum Master
- Take ownership of assigned tasks, provide task-level estimates, actively participate in project events
- Participate in Agile ceremonies as sprint planning, scrum, and retrospectives.
- Leverage functional domain knowledge gathered over time to perform/support the team with testing efforts of the system(s) to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects on as-needed basis, this would entail:
- Writing test cases and test results per test plan
- Be able to document and communicate test results
- Follow-up with team to discuss defects/observations; assist with creating defects and stories in JIRA appropriately
Education and experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, with 6-9 years of experience or equivalent
- Minimum Clearance Required – Customs and Border Protection Public Trust
- U.S. Citizenship required
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst facilitating meetings with stakeholders to develop business and technical requirements.
- Candidate must be willing to work collaboratively in a team environment and manage multiple assignments.
- Must actively support and contribute Agile practices adopted by the team.
- Must have experience with enterprise web applications for the Federal government.
- Must be able to provide end-user support to the field, or provide demos of the solution
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
One or more of the following skills is highly desired -
- Experience developing test scenarios, test plans; conducting testing of the solution; manual and automated testing
- Experience as a Certified Scrum Master
- Experience with basic Excel features (Pivot tables, charts) for metrics, data analysis
- Experience with 508 compliance
- Experience with simple SQL queries
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.