SAIC is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the Surface Combat Systems Training Command (SCSTC) responsible for Functional Integration and Training of new technical and tactical improvements to the US Navy’s Surface Fleet.
This position is based out of Dahlgren, VA and will allow for remote/flexwork. The Sr Systems Engineer will need to be within commuting distance for local meetings Dahlgren, VA
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system operations, performance analysis, lifecycle cost analysis estimation, decision analysis and Physical Configuration Analysis (PCA).
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions by evaluation of changes to current and future shipboard configurations, hardware, and software and analyze their impacts to training curriculum, SCSTC configurations, facility support systems, training support systems, training equipment, and service needs.
- Evaluate the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Provide direct support to the Core Certification Team by being proficient with the PEO Integrated Warfare System (IWS) certification process and knowledgeable of the systems for use onboard all surface combatants.
- Deliver continuous assessment of the certification criteria based on the metrics and artifacts provided by the government-industry team.
- Act as a direct liaison to schedule AWT Phasedelta training events for Baseline 9 DDGs as they progress through the Navy Modernization program.
- Represent the Training Readiness Directorate (TRD) and provide feedback to ensure that the TDR has all the required information to make decisions regarding the installation and activation of new training equipment.
- Provide technical support in the creation of prototypes of new developments for Human System Integration (HSI) for Navy combat tactical and training systems.
- Specific tasking includes providing recommendations for Combat Information Center (CIC) arrangement designs and Graphical User Interfaces (GUI) for new AWS and BMD baselines. This includes support for Battle Force Tactical Training (BFTT), AEGIS Combat Training System (ACTS), Advance Training Domain (ATD) and Total Ship Training Capability (TSTC) for shipboard and training site installations.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and five (5) years of Surface Combat Systems operations; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 4 (four) years' experience with the Aegis Combat System, the Aegis Weapon System and Aegis Ballistic Missile Defense. SSDS experience is desired.
- Strong customer relations skills are a must.
- Proficiency in both oral and written forms of communication are required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products to include Word, Power Point and Excel.
- Active Secret clearance required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment.
Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $95,001 - $105,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.