SAIC is hiring for a Principal Pricing Analyst who will be supporting our National Security and Space (NSS) Sector in an individual contributor role. SAIC’s National Security and Space Sector serves a robust and diverse portfolio of customers that includes DISA, NASA, USAF, US CENTCOM, and the US Intelligence Community.
The Principal Analyst will work independently supporting the largest and most complex proposals in the sector throughout the full proposal lifecycle: pre-RFP analysis and comment/question preparation, strategy development, RFP analysis, pricing model development, business case analysis, executive reviews, proposal finalization, and post-submit activities.
This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide.
- Actively engage with Business Unit and Sector leadership to cultivate effective cost and price strategies
- Support the development and integration of emerging business model strategies (Commercial Items, XaaS, Managed Services, OTAs)
- Independently assess DRFP/RFP documentation, identifying the appropriate cost/price strategies and associated tactical approaches
- Collaborate with estimators to assemble labor and/or material costs, projecting the impact of pricing changes on revenue/profit, including multiple-outcome business case analysis
- Serve as a thought leader within the department, and may engage on special projects, training, and other related support functions
- Mentor and train junior staff
- Coordinate with Pricing Management to prioritize concurrent proposal activities
- Perform compliance, strategic and risk-based reviews of other NSS proposals as needed
- Escalate issues as appropriate to BU Pricing Manager and/or Sector Pricing Director
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience in competitive federal government contract pricing; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience
- Proven experience leading the pricing strategy and development of complex proposals exceeding $100m in contract value
- Experience with developing and delivering price strategy presentations and analyses to senior executives and key decision-makers
- Strong understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations, Cost Accounting Standards, contract types and available cost/pricing strategies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the proven ability to collaborate effectively in a cross-platform virtual environment (including Phone, Zoom, Teams, Skype, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively manage competing priorities and deadlines, and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and critical thinking skills
- Active TS/SCI clearance is preferred but not required.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.