SAIC is seeking a Logistics Manager in Crane, IN to provide support to the Naval Surface Warfare Center in the day-to-day management and coordination of Weight Handling Equipment (WHE)/Material Handling Equipment (MHE) acquisition, maintenance, and operations. This includes gathering the WHE/MHE requirements from the customer and developing proposed solutions to meet current and future requirements.
- Provide Weight Handling Equipment (WHE) and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) management support to include inventory, maintenance tracking, preventative maintenance scheduling, analysis, and metrics
- Prepare recommendations for general WHE/MHE maintenance
- Maintain WHE/MHE inventories and record preventive maintenance requirements by assigned building and verify the maintenance completion
- Ensure maintenance on new WHE/MHE is identified and reported to the appropriate Department Coordinator and Preventive Maintenance Management Point of Contact
- Utilize Government Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software for primary data source
- Provide technical analysis and preparation of technical documentation
- Create, format, and design presentation and communication plans
- Provide program analysis with technical knowledge to organize, display, and present WHE/MHE planning information so that it can be accessed quickly and easily
- Coordinate with the NSWC-CR Property Management Office (PMO) to maintain current WHE/MHE asset records within the Accountable Property System of Record (APSR) currently Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (N-ERP)
- Gather WHE/MHE performance measurement data and report performance
- Attain and maintain access to Navy centralized data systems with the government providing the necessary assistance in gaining required system access
- Support shall include support to responding to various data calls and document management in the development of WHE/MHE projects
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Experience inventorying, maintenance tracking and preventative maintenance scheduling with material or weight handling equipment
- Experience in operations support of Weight Handling Equipment (WHE) or Material Handling Equipment (MHE)
- Be proficient in using computer software to develop project scopes, estimates, schedules, and schematics, to include AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Project, and MS Visio
- Must be able to obtain a Full DoD Secret Security Clearance; an Interim Secret Clearance is required to start, SAIC will assist in obtaining
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.