SAIC is seeking a Senior Joint Synthetic Planner / Engineer to join our team in support of work taking place at the USINDOPACOM and the K. Mark Takai Pacific Warfighting Center on Oahu, Hawaii. The successful candidate provides subject matter expertise and technical/operational support in the areas of joint modeling and simulation (M&S), Joint Live Virtual Constructive (JLVC) Solutions, exercise design, event technical architectures, Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Intelligence (C4I) systems, issue coordination/resolution, event tests development, and event execution.
- Coordinates across operational planners, technical planners and engineers, simulation center experts, range experts, and Service representatives to identify requirements for joint simulations in support of Field Training Exercises and other exercises/events, as identified.
- Leads sub-working groups, virtual collaboration forums, and drafts Joint M&S working group products, plan of action, and milestones (POA&Ms)
- Identifies issues and resolution, gaps, and capability shortfalls, and designs joint architecture and JLVC solutions to meet event objectives and advance USINDOAPCOM Joint Exercise Program.
- Archives event information to build concepts and capabilities across multiple exercises and assist USINDOPACOM J32 leadership document and advance next-generation architecture and systems solutions.
- Responsible for building, maintaining, and operating Joint Live Virtual and Constructive (JLVC) and C4I systems and architectures, in coordination with other stakeholders, to plan and execute FTXs and other events and training activities as identified.
- Performs duties as part of Simulation/Technical Control Cell during test events and execution.
- Must understand Joint Exercise Life Cycle (JELC) and translate operational requirements into JLVC capabilities, working with operators and technicians to achieve organizational and event goals.
- Assist with event scenario development and associated activities to add value and enhance current exercises with JLVC solutions and new technologies.
- Teamwork: Builds event plans, products and works well with others to accomplish exercise or training event objectives; Shares best practices, expertise and SOPs, and builds a team environment to enable the organization and team to resolve challenges, conflicts, and problems; Leads efforts and is a positive force within the J32 and event support environment.
- Leadership: Forms working groups and teams during event support (planning and execution), facilitates stakeholder cross-walks, synthetic environment requirements, and provides insight and updates to leadership to drive solutions, timelines, and project/event success.
- Customer-focused: Engaging stakeholders, planners, and SMEs in all phases of the JELC; Professional, promptly addresses questions, problems, and issues while keeping the team and leadership informed of the situation and any insights learned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience supporting distributed simulation environments for wargames and training exercises; Four (4) additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years experience developing integration and execution plans, SOPs, system diagrams, and other technical documentation
- Must have experience developing BOMs, and HW/SW specs
- The ideal candidate possesses experience developing architectural products for delivering JLVC capabilities and Joint Enablers in a distributed, multi-facility/range environment.
- Must have experience building simulation and C4I systems for use during wargames, exercises, and technical events
- Must have knowledge and experience performing tests during set up for EFT, EOT, and ECG Training to ensure proper operations at STARTEX.
- Must be able to work with a diverse team of engineers, IT professionals, and operators.
- Clearance Requirement: SECRET clearance required with ability to obtain a TOP SECRET clearance.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.