SAIC is in need of a Navy Integrated Air and Missile Defense (IAMD) subject matter expert to provide advanced, high-level pre-deployment training for Carrier Strike Group and Expeditionary Strike Group Air Defense Commanders and their teams. This position is for someone who is passionate about training and ensuring our Naval Forces are fully trained and ready for deployment. Place of performance is San Diego, CA, with occasional travel to Fleet Concentration Areas. Work is in support of war games and integrated fleet training.
The IAMD SME will:
- Develop advanced war game scenarios to support training in air defense and air warfare for Navy strike group Air Defense commanders and staffs
- Facilitate war game execution and accomplishment of training objectives by managing air defense scenario aspects, role-playing air defense components as required, and/or working with the training audience to manage the scenario
- Be prepared to facilitate tactical air defense planning seminars
- Liaise with Navy and Joint centers of excellence, and provide SME support to program in latest USN doctrine, tactics, techniques and procedures for IAMD
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ Years with Bachelors
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated expertise in planning, implementation and execution of Navy IAMD tactics, direction and employment of warships and aircraft, and coordination requirements between air defense components, warfare commanders, subordinate units, and higher headquarters.
- Secret Clearance
- Qualification as Aircraft Mission Commander for E-2, F/A-18, F-35, or AEGIS Tactical Action Officer, or equivalent similar designation
- Thorough knowledge of air defense unit capabilities and limitations, such as radar capabilities, missile capabilities, warship and aircraft capabilities
- Experience translating air defense training objectives into a comprehensive war game exercise
- Desired experience includes Weapons and Tactics Instructors, from SWO, F/A-18, and E-2 communities
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.