SAIC is looking for a well-qualified Security Engineer to join an exciting program in Springfield, Virginia. Individual will be responsible for providing systems security support for the protection of information system assets.
- Provide ongoing security oversight of assigned systems
- Manage documentation of security plans and procedures for all assigned systems in adherence to USG information technology security policies and instructions
- Support Assessment and Authorization (A&A) / Risk Management Framework (RMF) for new and existing systems
- Coordinate requirements and deployment of capabilities working with system operations
- Interact professionally with senior-level executives and work on a team or independently, prioritizing and accomplishing assigned tasks in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Execute and complete rapid turn-around and short-suspense tasks
- Graduate degree with 15+ years experience in IT Security field
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (RMF) to include the following skills:
- Policy interpretation and development,
- Interpretation of Controls and Requirements with the ability to communicate this to system developers, sustainment teams and customer staff
- Experience executing and editing System Security Test Plans (STPs) to accurately and thoroughly assess and document control satisfaction
- Ability to work well with and communicate effectively with others in a team environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve successful project completion with little oversight
- Clearance requirement TS/SCI with ability to obtain CI Poly
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $135,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.