SAIC’s Defense & Civilian Sector/Army Business Unit/Enterprise IT & Cyber Operations division has a need for a DoD Enterprise Solution Architect to serve as the technical lead; championing the delivery of innovative, differentiating solutions supporting the needs of the Department of Defense clients. This position will be ideally located in our Augusta, GA facility but can be remote in CONUS.
- Be an enthusiastic leader using their experience in technical engagements to architect and communicate comprehensive, innovative, and complex solutions.
- Take an active ‘hands-on’ role with all aspects of growing the IT business in the Department of Defense Account.
- Architect and deliver complex IT solutions in both the Federal/DoD and commercial markets,
- Bring technical leadership in high visibility, strategic IT capture/proposal efforts.
- Responsible for supporting the entirety of the sales lifecycle including client engagements, representation of SAIC’s IT capabilities at public events, leading key and strategic technical solution development to include the approach, architecture, analyses, technologies, cost, and BOE development.
- Support solutions that will span multiple IT competency areas inclusive of end-user services, infrastructure solutions, cloud technologies, software development, cyber security, and data analytics requiring you to have a mature understanding of the SAIC capabilities within each of these domains and a visionary approach to their implementation.
- Setting the example of team engagement and professionalism while providing both guidance and support to more junior solution architects.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors and eighteen (18) years or more of related experience; Masters and sixteen (16) years or more experience; PhD or JD and eight years(8) or more experience. Advance degree or industry recognized certifications such as PMP, CISSP, or ITIL is preferred
- Active DOD Secret clearance.
- 8 years of successfully performing in a role of major responsibility tied to large projects with tight deadlines.
- 5 years of professional experience as a Software / Systems Engineer / Virtualization Engineer / Solution Architect
- 5 years of experience with designing either software systems or hardware systems running in a virtualized environment
- Track record of success in architecting and selling high visibility, complex, technical programs in the DoD space and have the following skills:
- Possess a mature understanding of flexible service delivery-models and up-to-date experience with leading technology trends and technologies.
- Experience with large scale infrastructure modernization efforts
- Experience architecting, transitioning, and operating a variety of service-delivery models including multi-tenant, shared services, and aaS solutions
- Experience with advanced IT technologies such as: Large infrastructure environments inclusive of Cloud (Private, Public, Community ,and Hybrid) and virtualized, software defined networking, software defined datacenters, microservices, architecture, containerization, continuous integration, continuous delivery, datacenter architectures, web services, agile development, Dev-Ops, DevSecOps, cybersecurity, and end-user services.
- Detailed knowledge of the IT industry, including key technologies, vendors, trends and an understanding of the surrounding strategic issues that may impact potential customers
- Capable of synthesizing a reference architecture from a requirements specification, industry best practices, and vendor whitepapers / artifacts
- Experienced in responding to request for proposals (RFP) and request for information (RFI)
- Excellent presentation, written, and verbal communication skills for the technical and non-technical audience at both the engineering and senior executive levels
- Proven leadership traits to include team leadership, sound business judgment, ability to think and advance strategic concepts, and a professional demeanor under pressure. The ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (as needed) is required.
- Recent experience in the DoD market
- Experience in product development and commercial best practices
- Experience with managing 3rd party technology partners, vendor and subcontractor relationships
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $175,001 - $200,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.