SAIC is seeking an IT Service Management Analyst to support ITSM processes within our enterprise class IT managed service delivery team. The position involves modeling IT business functions, solving complex problems and optimizing processes. The IT Service Management Analyst will collaborate cross functionally with business leaders, infrastructure providers, service delivery managers, and other stakeholders to coordinate stability of service for our customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and coordinate notification, awareness, and escalation as needed for service impacting events from our infrastructure and technology providers
- Facilitate coordination on remediation for service impacting events
- Provide analysis, guidance and measurement of our infrastructure and technology providers’ performance against committed OLAs and SLAs
- Manage customer facing components of change, incident, problem, and other event management activities across stakeholder groups
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and program teams in compiling, analyzing and interpreting data
- Review and maintain Process and Operating Procedure related documentation
- Review (when required) Policy, processes, procedures, and work instructions to identify areas of improvements
- Specify information flows, processes/procedures, and data objects that meet business requirements
- Participate in defining, planning and justifying initiatives to develop/implement automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Maintain business enabling information in service management and project management tools (e.g. ServiceNow, JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft Project, Sharepoint)
- Ensure implementation of designed standards/procedures where applicable
- Manages information collection from many sources and maintains control of information in an organized manner
- Understand the relationships, dependencies and impact of neighboring business functions
- Maintain process documents and aids service delivery with improvements to existing Plans, Processes, and Work Procedures
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships that can be leveraged to support the achievement of business objectives.
- Works independently or as a project team member. Works on small to large, complex issues that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge of one or more specific technical product.
- Strong technical writing and process documentation skills
- Able to drive the definition of guidelines based upon stakeholder requirements and process goals
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently in a remote environment
- Candidate must be self-motivated, proactive, positive, and enjoy the challenges of planning and solving problems in a complex and unpredictable work environment.
- Ability to establish a solid working relationship with Service Delivery Managers, IT Technical Subject Matter Experts, technical staff and business leaders
- Ability to drive issues to closure and work well within a deadline-drive environment.
- Working knowledge of several processes including, but not limited to Catalog Management, Configuration Management, Incident Management, Service Portfolio Management, Demand Management, and Change management.
- Experience managing multiple clients/stakeholders/projects simultaneously.
- Solid understanding of ITSM and industry best practices.
- Ability to make recommendations for changes and improvements to tools and processes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field
- 5+ years of IT experience in development and/or support functions in an ITIL delivery model
- 2+ years hands-on experience in ServiceNow
- 3+ years experience with enterprise level data integration and technical management related experience.
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- ITIL V4 Certification
- ServiceNow Certification (preferred)
- Practical understanding of agile product development principles and values, ideally worked in an Agile development environment
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $75,001 - $85,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.