SAIC has an immediate need for a Manager for the Software Assurance and IT Development Team to support the SMAEC II contract at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. SMAEC II provides comprehensive safety and mission assurance (SMA) services to all active and in-development Human Space Flight (HSF) programs led or supported at Johnson Space Center in Houston, TX.
The manager will oversee employees and projects across a broad range of areas including software safety, assurance and quality engineering; IT projects for desktop support, server administration, software development, cyber security, and network system initiatives and facilities support for the SAIC Nassau Bay facility. The Manager will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of capability, products, and services required by the government customer. The manager will ensure that each assigned project is well-defined, expertly executed, and positively accepted.
- Coordinate with contract leadership, including peer managers, employees, and key stakeholders to ensure engineering, cyber security, and operational SME resources are available to deliver products and services across the SMAEC contract and work proactively to identify and resolve issues
- Directs project team to follow comprehensive communications and stakeholder engagement plans and ensure the team maintains and demonstrates effective communication within the team, with other contract teams, and with the NASA customers
- Ensure all project scope changes are fully vetted and documented.
- Provide regular communication with the PM of technical items and issues including projects, programs, milestones, flight readiness, mission anomalies, IT projects, network and network security status, that the contract is supporting as part of the contract and task order Statements of Work (SOW)
- Contribute to generation of task specific Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and monthly forecasts
- Communicate with the PM and Business Manager of performance issues including personnel, processes, tools, or interfaces that could or are affecting TO or contract performance or deliverables
- Provide monthly product reporting (metrics, trend analysis, etc.)
- Maintain data as required in designated repositories to allow efficient retrieval and comply with Quality Management System and Configuration Management requirements
- Establish and maintain forums, training, and certifications/qualifications for disciplines to grow and enhance contract overall capability to achieve and exceed customer technical needs
- Seek out technical innovations
- Monitor and manage staff performance including regular performance discussions, identifying succession planning for important roles, identifying personnel skill growth goals and opportunities, identifying and quickly elevating employee performance issues to the PM and Human Resources as required for resolution; identify and recognized excellent employee work and nominate employees for special recognition including merits, spot bonuses, and other awards
- Manage resource assignments and workloads, including staffing (developing position requisitions, interviewing, hiring)
- Ensure assigned staff receive required training (including SAIC, NASA, and Contract specific)
- Provide required and requested inputs to Business Management Office (e.g. metrics, trends, feedback)
- Coordinate technical approaches across workgroup to efficiently address issues and assignment of resources
- Ensure staff compliance to NASA, SMAEC II contract, and SAIC corporate requirements and policies
- Utilize project management practices to assure schedules, milestones, and deliverables are met
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in software or computer engineering, computer science, or related technical discipline and ten (10) years or more experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience
- At least 5 years experience supporting human spaceflight
- Demonstrated capabilities in the following:
- Senior technical engineering experience
- Excellent Technical Team Leadership
- Customer Communications (Verbal & Written)
- Technical mentoring
- Project risk assessment and mitigation
- Proficiencies with multiple MS-Office products to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project
- Must be highly detail oriented and have demonstrated capability for project planning, organizing, for providing task direction, and tracking of tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Familiar with Risk Management methodologies
- Familiar with Resource planning
Desired Skills / Experiences:
- Project management experience and familiarity with methodologies and tools, PMP considered a plus
- Supervisory experience
- National Agency Background Check (NAC)
Certifications / Training:
- NASA SMA Technical Excellence Program (STEP) courses
Desired Certifications / Training:
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.