SAIC has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support Systems and Operational Architecture located in Fort Benning, GA. The customer organization we support provides the enterprise architecting, analysis, and systems engineering solutions that will determine the future integrated systems.
- Working across multiple Offices and Organizations to identify and define needs
- Identifying and defining future capability and interoperability needs
- Identifying key architecture and system level trades
- Developing strategies in support of Department of Defense (DoD) architectures
- Assessing the performance of current and future architecture concepts
- Providing technical and programmatic guidance to the architecture and system level requirements process
- Develop architecture models to capture the holistic view of the enterprise
- Preparing briefings for senior decision makers
- Bachelors of Science in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline and five (5) years or experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree
- Must have an Interim Secret to start with ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Strong technical fundamentals in existing Army program (e.g. ground vehicles, air, missile defense, soldier systems)
- Understanding of how to use architecting to support senior level enterprise decision making
- Working knowledge/familiarity with architecture tools
- Architecture domain understanding from a holistic enterprise perspective
- Ability to recommend tradeoffs, impacts, and advancement
- Experience in development and use of modeling for architecture solutions
- Understanding of core systems engineering and analysis disciplines and processes
- Experience with lifecycle readiness from System Requirements Review through system decommissioning
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and energetic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.