Job ID: 2117640
Location: WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB, OH, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a qualified Sr. Software Engineer to support the US Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation (AFAMS) program out of Wright Patterson AFB in Ohio.
AFAMS is the premier agency responsible for implementation, integration, and development of Modeling and Simulation (M&S) and training and analysis standards that support the US Air Force (USAF), Department of Defense (DoD), and mission partners requiring these capabilities to support the Warfighter in full-spectrum operations. As the lead agent for M&S within the USAF, AFAMS gathers requirements, seeks out potential solutions, and integrates legacy and emerging M&S solutions across the USAF and the DoD. The USAF has an M&S initiative that focuses on providing simulation and synthetic training as the critical capability to augment live training, act as an enabler for critical decision-making, and enhance human performance. In the current resource constrained environment, demand for M&S rises with the continuously evolving need for operational readiness and mission preparedness across the USAF, DoD, and with coalition partners. AFAMS focuses on providing innovative M&S services as the key to meeting this demand.
The role of this position is to support the development of the Application Ecosystem at Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. The Software Engineer will:
· Design, develop, code, test, debug, document, support, and install applications.
· Prepare application specifications and diagrams, and develops logic flowcharts.
· Develop applications in languages, Tools and Databases such as Java, Java Script, Type Script, Docker, C#, JSON, NoSQL, and SQL.
· Understand business, technical, and application requirements.
· Assist in the creation and general system design and technical specifications for new/replacement systems, taking into consideration system compute capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results.
· Apply coding and analytical skills in all phases of the system life cycle.
· Supply time estimates related to development efforts.
· Develop application logic from customer-defined specifications.
· Test, debug, support and maintain applications for customers in a variety of business areas and environments.
· Perform additional duties as required.
Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; PhD or JD and nine (9) years or more experience or relevant experience in lieu of degre.
Knowledge of and/or experienced in one or more programming languages (Java, Java Script, Type Script).
· Knowledge or experience with MERN or MEAN environments
· Experience with reactive frameworks (Angular, React, etc) is a plus.
· Experience with micro services in a containerized environment is a plus.
· JSON basic knowledge and familiarity.
· Ability to explain complex technical terms and systems to others.
· Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Highly collaborative and able to give/receive critical feedback.
· Ability to learn new applications quickly.
· A Secret security clearance is required for this position.
· Git and/or Jira/Confluence knowledge and use.
· Knowledge of software design and implementation.
· Knowledge of IaC tools and/or any CICD tools is a plus.
· Familiarity with Agile Software Development lifecycle.
· Solid ability to take ownership and initiative.
· Understanding of test methodology, QA process and the SDLC, understanding of how QA is performed within such a project is a plus.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.