Job ID: 2117628
Location: LAS VEGAS, NV, United States
Date Posted: Sep 20, 2022
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Remote Work: Hybrid Remote
Benefits: Click here
SAIC is seeking a Principal Cybersecurity Architect. The Cybersecurity Architect will be an integral member of the program's architecture team that drives modernization and transformation initiatives. The successful candidate will have a blended set of skills and experience across cloud and hybrid enterprise environments to include: datacenter network and infrastructure security, and DoD or DOE system boundary security. Recent experience translating business objectives and requirements into deployable Zero Trust and hybrid cloud solutions.
This position is responsible for:
· Contributes to and actively supports Engineering Review Board and Transformation activities to ensure design and implementation of sound solutions
· Develops security designs and implementable solutions based on sound enterprise architecture practices
· Provides substantive contributions to the program's strategic roadmap, technical direction, and development of program wide standards and best practices
· Develops and maintains security architecture artifacts (models, templates, and standards) as leverage-able security capabilities in projects and operations
· Keeps current on developments and changes to threat environments to ensure that these are adequately addressed in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts
· Validates IT infrastructure and other reference architectures for security best practices, and recommends changes to enhance security and reduce risk where applicable
· Conducts or facilitates threat modeling of services and applications that tie to the risk and data associated with the service or application
· Coordinates with appropriate compliance and privacy officers to understand sensitive data within production systems and recommends controls to ensure this data is adequately secured
· Collaborates with other architects and security practitioners to share best practices and insights
· Participates in application and infrastructure projects to provide security planning advice
· Supports disaster recovery planning (DRP) and business continuity management (BCM) design and testing
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
Must be US Citizen
Must be able to obtain and maintain DOE Q
Required certification: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
5+ years of enterprise security experience supporting the DoD or DOE.
Industry experience in security architecture, analytics, design, and development of enterprise solutions for multiple technology platforms. Experience establishing a hybrid cloud security strategy.
Desired Skills: Experience with Agile delivery. Experience working in a managed services or as-a-service environment.
Covid Policy: SAIC does not require COVID-19 vaccinations or boosters. Customer site vaccination requirements must be followed when work is performed at a customer site.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.