SAIC is seeking a motivated Network Engineer to support the engineering development, integration, and testing of a prototype Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Ground Terminal system. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in systems and network engineering. The candidate will have experience identifying, implementing, configuring, and testing Juniper networking equipment.
This opportunity is contingent upon contract award, expected in late 2021- early 2022 in San Diego, CA. The majority of the work will be performed on site, but will allow some remote /flex work.
Job Duties May Include:
- Supporting system evaluations, requirement reviews, and trade studies to optimize system performance
- Supporting technical analysis and evaluation of the ground terminal system such as reliability, availability, maintainability, mission threads, connectivity to Defense Information Systems Network (DISN) Services and Navy Services, examining such parameters as latency, jitter, quality of service, packet loss and route convergence.
- Providing technical data, technical briefs, and presentations in support of project milestones such as test readiness reviews (TRRs) and Critical Design Reviews (CDRs).
- Participation in engineering meetings, design reviews, and lab demonstration events.
- Supporting development, integration, and testing of system components and systems.
- Evaluating and documenting performance of ground terminal system against system requirements documents.
- Updating system technical documentation to reflect engineering changes, system improvements, or added features.
- Setting up, configuring, and managing servers and virtual machines
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Active Secret security clearance is required.
- At least 5 (five) years of experience with Network engineering, including:
- Integration and configuration of Juniper Networking equipment, including routers and switches.
- Network Management and configuration using what’s up gold (WUG)
- IP VPN encryption
- Integration and configuration of crypto devices, such as KG-175D or similar
- Windows Server (Datacenter 2019) based virtualization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software products
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.