SAIC is hiring for a Technical Writer to prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documentation that incorporates information and data from Program Office, customers, task lead, end users, and other departments in Crane, IN.
NOTE: This position will allow for teleworking options, but will require to be onsite periodically.
- Developing high-quality documentation with guidance that is coherent and easy to follow as well as complies with corresponding standard, style guide, and/or directive and meets the customers’ and end users’ needs. Documentation includes but is not limited to technical manuals, curriculum, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
- Researching, collecting, analyzing, organizing, and preparing technical information and data.
- Manipulating graphics, charts, diagrams, etc. to be included in documentation.
- Editing technical documentation for format, accuracy, clarity, consistency, and adherence to government specifications.
- Immediately communicating obstacles or issues to leadership.
- Interfacing with technical writers, multimedia personnel, logisticians, engineers, customers, and task lead.
- Maintaining records.
- Performing clerical/administrative duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND CLEARANCE
- HS/GED and 4 years of Technical Writing experience; degree accepted in lieu of experience
- Proficient in desktop publishing with abilities to create and update tables, to manipulate graphics and drawings, to create and update flow charts, and to format/layout text
- Proficient with Microsoft products to include: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Work potential overtime at approximately 20%
- Experience with DOD industry
- Experience with MIL-STDs and GPO Style Manual
- Experience with xml schema and development of xml files and scripts
- Experience with Adobe products to include: FrameMaker, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat
- Experience with Microsoft Teams, Project, and Visio
- Experience with Arbortext
- Experience with PDF-XChange Editor
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.