SAIC is seeking an aggressive and highly adaptable individual to join its Procurement Team as a Subcontracts Principal with hybrid procurement skills of administering complex subcontracts and strong material buying background to support Platform Systems Integration programs to support SAIC's Department of Defense efforts. The Individual must be able to work in a high-paced, team environment and must be organized and detail-oriented. The experienced candidate will need experience in managing suppliers and developing supplier relationships and will need excellent written and oral communication skills.
***This position can be worked 100% remote nationwide, however, preference will be given to candidates working in Indiana, Tennessee, Rhode Island, and Colorado who are in close proximity to key facilities.***
- Develops, negotiates, and administers subcontract agreements and/or material purchase orders and executes other aspects of the acquisition process in development of proposals and resultant subcontract agreements and/or material purchase orders of moderate dollar value, risk, creativity, and complexity, while mitigating risks and working within the parameters of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Defense FAR supplement.
- Complete ownership of procurement lifecycle including issuing RFP/Qs, price analysis, negotiating favorable terms and conditions, issuing subcontract/purchasing orders, and following up with internal customers to ensure the services or goods have been provided.
- Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Collaborates closely with the platform team to ensure effective management of the supply chain (Vendors and Subcontractors) by evaluating supplier capabilities, managing supplier deliverables against project schedules, ensuring quality requirements are flowed down and followed, enhancing supplier relationships, and identifying and onboarding the right suppliers to meet business needs.
- Negotiates long-term agreements and leverages spend in order to obtain the best value for the platform team.
- Have some autonomy for the assigned area of responsibility.
- Work independently with good problem solving skills, while keeping the Customer Group (CG) and corporate procurement management updated on the status of their assigned activities.
- Regularly interacts with internal customers, management (at all levels) with regard to acquisition requirements and issue resolution.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure materials and services are delivered on time.
- Member of the proposal process involving Request for Proposal/Solicitations/Quotes.
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/T&C/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract/purchase order awards with subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry.
- Must understand cost/price analysis concepts and tools and be able to implement and complete analysis on moderate complexity supplier proposals.
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements.
- Responsible for post-award modifications to agreements including all change-related activities
Required Education and Qualifications:
- Bachelors and ten (10) years or more of related experience; Masters and eight (8) years or more experience, additional experience considered in lieu of degree
- Must have understanding of the government acquisition process.
- High proficiency in sourcing and supplier management
- Proficiency in FAR and Public Laws relating to subcontracting.
- Experience issuing and managing Services Agreements & Materials Purchase orders.
- Working knowledge of integrated Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system or comparable material management system.
- Solid negotiation, oral, and written communication, customer service skills are required
- Experience with CostPoint or similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Ability to perform price and cost analyses.
- Professional certification in Federal Contract Management (CFCM or CPCM), Supply Management (CPSM) or Project Management (PMP)
- Experience reading and understanding drawings and specifications
- Able to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks and achieve set targets with awareness of how failure impacts production and manufacturing orders
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.