Job ID: 2117573
Location: WASHINGTON, DC, United States
Date Posted: Dec 2, 2021
Subcategory: Cybersecurity Spec
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
This position will be responsible for managing a Security Operations Center (SOC) tools, team members and engineering SOC tools solutions. This will include security architecture, design, analysis and testing for Health and Human Services (HHS). It also includes gathering technical requirements, developing complex solutions, testing of architecture solutions, and implementation oversight. The position also involves developing and briefing various SOC performance reports, conducting and making recommendations on vulnerability assessments and technical management of security incidents.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
• Manage and supervise SOC Tools Analysts as well as provide guidance and delegation.
• Provide security analysis for integrated security solutions related to design, development, and integration of:
• Man-Machine Interfaces
• System level requirements
• Develop moderately complex security designs and test plans using existing technology.
• Prepare technical proposals for presentation to HHS and other stakeholders to update existing security technologies and add new technologies to the network.
• Work closely with the SAIC SOC Program Manager to identify and recommend process and system improvements to the HHS program.
• Create relevant documentation for changes to the current security architecture and provide customer facing technical presentations as needed.
• Drive the capabilities and execution to effectively optimize and improve HHS security
• Demonstrate expert level knowledge of security services and implementations.
• Provide technical oversight and direction to SOC personnel.
• Investigate, positively identify, and document anomalous events and incidents that are escalated by Tier 2 analysts.
• Conduct risk analysis and convert it into actionable monitoring recommendations to be conducted by the SOC.
• Recommend remediation and mitigation strategies and implementations based on the results of vulnerability assessments.
• Provide support for security incidents throughout the incident lifecycle as needed and make recommendations to ensure the County infrastructure is protected.
• Work with the SAIC SOC Program Manager to develop a metrics program to report on overall SOC performance and effectiveness.
• Effectively communicate to personnel at all levels from the Executive Office to the technician both verbally and in writing.
• Microsoft Exchange Online Protection
• McAfee DLP for Network and Host
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or related field and a minimum of 13 years of experience. May consider an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree.
• 5+ years of Cyber Security / SOC experience
• Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust
• 4+ years of Team Leadership/Management experience
• Demonstrated Experience with Risk Analysis
• Demonstrated Experience Briefing Sr. Leaders
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
• Experience in Information Assurance Policy and Guidelines
• NIST Special Publication 800-53
• NIST Cybersecurity Framework
• ITIL® Foundation Level or higher Certification
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.