Job ID: 2117551
Location: HOUSTON, TX, United States
Date Posted: Dec 1, 2021
Category: Engineering and Sciences
Subcategory: Sys Safety Engr
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
Benefits: Click here
NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC) - Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC) - Software Safety Engineer
Under the supervision of more senior engineers, perform engineering assessments and analyses on the International Space Station, Commercial Vehicles (manned and unmanned) payloads and experiments that are flown on International (e.g. Progress or Soyuz) or commercial vehicles (SpaceX, CST-100):
1) Assure that software safety design and operations specifications and products meet International Space Station Program (ISSP), Safety & Mission Assurance (S&MA) software safety requirements.
2) Assess the ISS software development, test, verification, and change products and identify problems and noncompliances.
3) Ensure compliance with Computer Based Controls System Safety Requirements (SSP 50038B), ISS System Specifications (SSP 41000) and ISS Safety Requirements Document (50021) and applicable NASA standards (7150, 8719, 8739).
4) Prepare reports, present findings of assessments and evaluations, and provide recommendations to the NASA S&MA Software Team Manager.
5) Participate in Safety Panel Reviews
6) Participate in ISS on-orbit anomaly assessment process and evaluate safety compliance of proposed on-orbit software modifications.
7) Participate in, and represent software S&MA assurance, as appropriate and as required in working groups, panels and boards in order to perform the above described tasks.
8) Work with customers - NASA, Space Station contractors, and International Partners.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Required - BS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree from an accredited University and 10 years of experience.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.