The Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting and Consolidations will play a critical role in SAIC’s monthly close and consolidation process and the timely and accurate preparation of SAIC’s quarterly and annual financial filings on SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K. This position reports to the Accounting Senior Manager of Financial Reporting within SAIC’s Office of the Corporate Controller.
***This position is available 100% remote nationwide, candidates local to Northern Virginia/DMV area preferred**
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Execute monthly, quarterly and annual financial consolidation processes in a timely and accurate manner, including timely and accurate processing of one-time transactions such as acquisitions, joint ventures, divestitures, and intercompany activity
- Maintaining post closing adjustments and schedule of adjustments passed
- Prepare financial statements in conformity with US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Compile and review detailed analysis of sector performance for internal and external reporting and summarize results to senior management
- Assist with the drafting and review of the MD&A
- Lead the preparation and reviews of detailed fluctuation analyses of major income statement and balance sheet accounts and financial statement line items
- Support the preparation and review of SAIC’s quarterly and annual reports on SEC Forms 10-Q and 10-K
- Prepare and review work papers and documentary evidence developed in support of SEC filings
- Interact with a wide variety of cross-functional teams to facilitate the monthly close reporting and quarterly SEC reporting draft and review cycle
- Maintain compliance with internal controls, policies and procedures
- Supporting external auditor reviews and requests
- Maintain up-to-date process documentation; recommend and implement process improvements, as appropriate, to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Support ad hoc financial information requests and analyses
- Assist in performing research and documenting compliance with SEC rules and regulations, US GAAP, and other authoritative guidance
- Identifying opportunities for close process improvements
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more experience; additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 8 years accounting and financial reporting experience, including 3 years working in a public accounting firm on public company audits
- Previous U.S. government contractor experience preferred
- Proficient in Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and/or Financial Consolidation and Close Cloud Service (FCCS)
- Oracle Cloud EPM Planning, Deltek Costpoint and IBM Cognos systems experience preferred
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting rules and regulations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and meet deadlines
- Certified Public Accountant, or working towards certification/near completion
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.