SAIC is the sole provider of Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) services to the NASA IV&V Program located in Fairmont, West Virginia. Within the NASA IV&V Program, this position will be in the Independent Verification & Validation Office (IVVO), operating within IV&V project teams. The IVVO project teams are responsible for providing cost effective software assurance for NASA’s most critical missions. This position provides a unique opportunity to work with the project leads and team members of these NASA IV&V projects and experience the techniques being used to analyze that software. The PLA will provide administrative support that will lead to process improvements and enhanced return on investment for analysis tasks by supporting the project management functions normally worked by the Project Lead.
Job responsibilities include:
- Facilitating coordination of actions, tasks, and meetings through project management tools across one or more project teams
- Reviewing and understanding project financial and schedule data
- Supporting program Metrics and QA functions with data calls, and supporting other data calls as tasked
- Providing coordination, support and assistance in the development of monthly NASA IV&V deliverables
- Assisting in clearly articulating value-added by the project team’s analysis activities
- Recognizing and investigating areas of continuous improvement
- Assists with the development of workflows/processes to streamline administrative activities.
- Performing Administrative duties to include:
- Maintenance of IV&V Schedules
- Arranging for required training
- Supporting integration of inputs, review and editing of Contract Level and Technical Deliverables to ensure proper grammar and spelling, consistent use of verb tense, and clear communication flow of the technical message
- Facilitating access to developer repositories and tools
- Coordination with tool developers to accommodate change requests
- Documentation of process guidance and incorporation of periodic updates
- Generation of Mnthly Progress and Status Report drafts each month using existing Jira tickets as primary input
- Quarterly Outreach recommendation metrics generation and aggregation support
- Help submitting value statements in the Value Statement Tool
- Jira dashboard generation & upkeep
- Miscellaneous onboarding, access, tool support
- Possesses a BA/BS degree and 2 years of related experience, or 6 years of related experience
- Able to successfully pass a NASA Background Investigation for access to NASA and IV&V program data (Public Trust clearance)
- Highly organized and able to operate successfully within a highly technical and schedule-driven environment
- Quality driven, able to articulate value of work completed by team members
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Maintains excellent rapport with all internal and external customers
- Experience with full Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to understand project schedules and assess performance against those schedules
- Familiarity with JIRA Software or similar issue and tracking programs
- Familiarity with Confluence or other Team Collaboration Software
- Provides support for administrative matters and tasks for Project Lead support areas
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.