The Vice President of Human Resources will act as a core thought partner to the Sector President and the CHRO, and will help develop a talent and organizational strategy inclusive of all elements of the talent lifecycle, while also ensuring that enterprise-wide talent and organizational initiatives are translated to the Sector. This position is open to remote/hybrid work.
The successful candidate will have strategic human resources experience leading a high-performance culture and creating a positive, accountability-based work environment. S/he will have the ability to establish credibility within this $2.8B revenue and ~7,400-employee sector, engaging at all levels of the organization, and presenting both a strong leadership profile and exceptional influencing/communication skills. Overall, the SVP of HR will bring a holistic, business-centric approach to the entire employee lifecycle from the early stages of attraction and on-boarding through career development, learning, training and performance management/assessment.
- Translate the sector and business unit strategy to a people strategy, identifying short/long term talent initiatives that will drive business value within the groups
- Lead shorter-term planning for sector and business unit talent (i.e., succession planning, talent action plans, high potential identification, leadership deployment) and longer-term workforce planning (e.g., by leveraging COE models to inform business strategy)
- Make and utilize data-driven people decisions to understand how talent and organizational strategy impact business performance; clearly communicate to sector and business unit leader how the organization is progressing in achieving its goals
- Create initiatives aimed at improving employee retention, engagement, and performance (e.g., more development opportunities, enhanced benefits, effective performance management) and analyze success
- Champion cultural transformation and other enterprise-wide mindset shifts in the defense systems and civilian markets groups and facilitate the embedding of SAIC’s improved culture within the groups
- Drive the optimization of Catalyst Roles (i.e. role description specific to SAIC job framework) for the sector and business unit; ensure these roles are updated, managed, and developed
- Build and develop a team with core strategic and best-in-class HR capabilities, and cascade capabilities throughout HR resources the sector and business unit
- Anticipate key organizational issues and ensure that exceptional human resource consultancy services are delivered to all sector and business unit managers and team members.
- Leverage data and analytics to increase employee engagement, maximize audience service, and drive sound decision-making
- 15+ years of experience in HR, with depth in Talent/Organization Strategy and Development, Talent Management, Performance Management, Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits. Prior experience as a Business Partner to a large (~$1.5B in revenue with at least 5,000 employees), complex business within a public company is ideal; Ability to act as a strategic leader on the HR ELT
- Exposure to working within a global IT services/Government Contracting business, or the intellectual horsepower to learn the “ins and outs” quickly; Ability to make data-driven decisions in human capital and to build credibility quickly with investment talent and other senior leaders
- Hands-on experience leading organizational change, e.g. digital transformation, scaling teams and capabilities, building or re-building the HR Function; Tech-forward, digital orientation
- A successful and progressive track record of HR positions within nimble, action-oriented organizations characterized by collaboration and a strong focus on client service. This individual will have an appreciation for discipline and process, but will also have the ability to demonstrate flexibility and innovation.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.