SAIC is seeking a IT Service Desk Analyst to support the Navy's Service Management, Integration and Transport Program (SMIT) at the United States Fleet Activities Yokosuka in in Yokosuka, Japan.
This is a rotating-shift 24/7 operations in a call center environment. Weekends and Holiday possible based on client needs.
Must be able to work an 8 hour shift within the 1st 2nd and/or 3rd shift options. Shift option times vary.
- Operates as the initial point of contact for customers via telephone, email or live chat to provide technical support of hardware, systems, sub-systems and/or applications.
- Assists end-users/customers in resolving their IT issues accurately and promptly.
- Takes detailed notes of the problem the user is experiencing, determines steps they can take to resolve the issue, and manages the flow of incoming support requests.
- Interacts with the end-user to resolve the user's technical issues.
- Remotely accessing the user's computer and making changes to their system and settings by navigating around application menus, or may be required to remote into customer's computer to fix an issue. In other cases, the service desk analyst walks the user through steps they can take to resolve the issue on their own.
- Troubleshoot network connectivity issues, working with remote employees on a corporate network.
- Develops and sustains a productive customer relationship, making the customer and their needs a primary focus.
- May escalate complex problems to higher-level IT support specialists and experts if they are unable to resolve the issue on their own.
- Provide supervisors or specialists with notes regarding the problem, steps they have already taken to resolve the issue, and their diagnosis of the user's problem.
- Support users by performing system tests and updates after they complete their troubleshooting and necessary repairs.
- Support department-wide operations by supporting the creation, editing, and maintenance of IT documents.
High School Diploma/GED and 1+ years of IT support experience; education accepted in lieu of experience.
- Ability to solve technical issues via telephone, email, and chat.
- Ability to learn customer support processes and techniques.
- Ability to work well with all teammates and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding analytical, problem solving skills, and excellent customer service.
- Excellent Interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level I certification.
- Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance (US Citizenship required). Able to start once Interim Secret is granted.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.