SAIC is seeking a Science and Technology Technical Analyst to support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD R&E) Damage Assessment Management Office (DAMO) Defense Industrial Base (DIB) Cyber Security Program to support the development of a holistic approach for protecting the Defense Industrial Base technical advantage to safeguard Controlled Technical Information (CTI) and advance policy to evaluate the compromise of controlled technical information (CTI) within the DoD enterprise.
Job duties include:
- Build upon current strategy, policy, and guidance related to DoD Priority Modernization Areas to analyze gaps and develop recommendations to strengthen the DoD technological advantage.
- Manage Technology Area Protection Plan (TAPP) development and activities, including technology area decomposition, open-source research into emerging technology, analysis, and protection planning to determine critical priorities for protection.
- Integrate whole-of-government strategies and policies for technology identification and protection into overall Science and Technology (S&T) protection framework.
- Oversee and coordinate subject matter expert participation in technology area assessments in DoD technology modernization areas (e.g., hypersonics, artificial intelligence, biotechnology, quantum science, cyber, autonomy, 5G)
- Conduct Integrated Product Teams and coordinate with OUSD(AS) and OUSD(RE), key stakeholders in the intelligence and counterintelligence communities, other OSD staff offices, and other Federal Agencies playing key roles in CTI protection and damage assessment execution, planning, and response.
- Aggregate the analyses for final OSD damage assessment reports to senior members of OUSD(R&E), and support short-notice taskers focused on protection of critical DoD programs and technologies.
- As a member of the Triage Team responsible for developing and coordinating procedures for assessing compromised DoD information, review incoming mandatory cyber incident reports submitted under DFARS 252.204-7012. Prepare analytical reports, make assessments, and manage case closures.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree and nine (9) years of experience; Master's degree and seven (7) years of experience.
- Experience with Systems Engineering Plans, Test and Evaluation Master Plans, Critical Program Information identification, or Program Protection Plan development/execution
- Demonstrated work experience with DoD weapons systems engineering
- Knowledge of Defense Industrial Base Cyber Security policy, program protection planning.
- Thorough understanding of how intelligence and counterintelligence information about threats and vulnerabilities to weapon systems can be incorporated into assessments of acquisition program information.
- Ability to work both independently and with personnel from multiple organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to work from high-level, limited and evolving guidance to produce timely and effective results is highly desirable
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.