SAIC is seeking a Senior Research and Technology Protection (RTP) Specialist to support the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (OUSD) for Research and Engineering (R&E) as a subject matter expert in Science and Technology (S&T) protection policy and best practices. The RTP Specialist will build upon current strategy, policy, and guidance related to critical and emerging technology modernization areas such as artificial intelligence, quantum science, and hypersonics to safeguard Controlled Technical Information (CTI) and critical technology within DoD, commercial industry, and academia.
Job duties include:
- Serve as a senior-level consultant to a cross-functional team of instructional system designers who will develop an innovative and interactive OUSD(R&E) training curriculum for S&T protection, used by security professionals, system engineers, and program managers responsible for the protection of DoD-sponsored research and development efforts within the National Security Innovation Base (NSIB), including industry and academia.
- Help the DoD shape national security policy designed to maintain U.S. technical and competitive advantage over our adversaries and defend against unwanted foreign influence and unauthorized technology transfer within the DoD R&E enterprise.
- Coordinate with OUSD(A&S) and OUSD(I&S) including key stakeholders in the intelligence and counterintelligence communities, OSD staff offices, and Federal Agencies playing key roles in technology protection execution, planning, and response.
- Provide research, analyses, evaluations, studies, assessments, and other activities to support OUSD(R&E) decision making.
- Manage execution of intra-government/inter-agency coordination (e.g., process agreements, reporting, resource requirements, analysis support).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of fourteen (14) years overall experience, including:
- Ten years of experience providing technical support and operations management to DoD acquisition and S&T programs
- Three years of experience as a liaison between Program Office and Oversight organizations
- Demonstrated work experience in technology protection oversight role and
- Knowledge of technology readiness levels, program lifecycle, and risk management
- Knowledge of DoD Program Protection, Defense Industrial Base Cyber Security, and Defense Acquisition policies
- Understanding of key programs, practices, and participants involved in DoD S&T protection
- Analytic ability – must demonstrate ability to conduct analysis linking intelligence, acquisition, and engineering/technical information. Analytic ability may be demonstrated with any combination of work products and education.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate information to senior government officials in support of policy and management decisions
- Demonstrated ability to support oversight of Military Departments and DoD Agencies
- Graduate degree
- Acquisition education certification(s)
- Security education certification(s)
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.