SAIC has an opening for a Solutions Architect – End User Solutions. This Full-Time role allows for 100% Telecommute for any candidate living in the continental United State and requires up to 25% travel. The Solution Architect (SA) will serve as the technical solution lead; championing the development of innovative and differentiated solutions around User Experience and Support (UXUS) and Digital Workplace Services (DWS). The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic thought leader experienced in technical solution engagement with the ability to architect and communicate comprehensive, innovative, complex solutions.
Serve as the technical lead for bid and proposal activities, including solution and proposal development, estimation, and contract transition. Other work will require translating business requirements into repeatable technical solutions, serving both as an internal/external champion for a portfolio of next-generation solutions, and helping growing new business. The successful candidate will have developed complex solutions in both the Federal and commercial markets and have a mature understanding of flexible service delivery-models and up-to-date experience with leading technology trends and technologies in the end user solutions space. You will collaborate with other SA’s and Subject Matter Experts (SME) in the areas of new technology and the application of such technology designed to improve the end user service experience, demonstrate maximum operational efficiency, provide deep service intelligence for more timely and informed decision-making, and tie solutions to desired business outcomes.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing and documenting solutions for clients involving a mix of technologies and managed services across the following areas:
- IT Service Management (ITSM) systems: ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, and/or Cherwell
- ACD/IVR Systems: Genesys PureConnect, Nice inContact, etc.
- Self-Service Technologies: Service Portals for the ITSM solutions, integrated chatbots and AI-assisted virtual agent technologies
- Best-practice Service Desk staffing, sizing, training, enablement, and retention
- Best-practice Field/Deskside support staffing, sizing, training, enablement, and retention
- Best-practice endpoint management including structured and automated image management, patch management, software distribution, mobile device and virtual desktop management
Best-practice centralized network and security operations monitoring and management utilizing and integrating common COTS products for these functions
- UXUS and DWS technical solution and proposal development.
- Identifies technical solution requirements during opportunity capture phase based on Business Unit (BU) input. (BUs are SAIC’s customer-facing organizations)
- Provides technical expertise to BD and/or customers early in the capture phase to identify potential solutions and help SAIC influence RFP requirements in our favor.
- Collaborates with other SMEs and SA’s to develop comprehensive and compelling technical solutions.
- Develops technical solutions and proposal responses to meet customer technical, schedule and price requirements that also provide best value.
- Maximizes use of repeatable solutions and offerings when applicable for proposals.
- Supports the development of BOEs including sizing and supporting rationale.
- Responsible for development and presentation of Technical Readiness Reviews (TRRs) as needed.
- Assistance in capture efforts.
- Provides subject matter expertise for technical issues arising during capture, as requested by BU.
- Develops RFI responses, white papers and briefings in support of capture efforts.
- Manages development of executable BOEs during the Proposal Phase (large complex BOEs).
- Supports customer meetings during capture shaping activities.
- Technical execution support.
- Provides technical expertise to the PM during program start-up.
- Assists in technical issue resolution as requested by the PM.
- Provides technical advising to customers as requested by the PM.
- Leads/Supports development of forward-thinking strategy and solutions around End User Solutions technical investments
- Solicits BU feedback and requirements as inputs to offerings and technology investments.
- Coordinates communication between BUs and technical investment project staff.
- Identifies additional technologies and solutions that could benefit the entire organization.
- Works with service delivery teams to apply new and innovative solutions to solve business and/or operational problems.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience; PhD or JD and five (5) years or more experience. Desired fields include computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive responsibility and directly relevant experience in information system architecture, implementation, and operations.
- Must be able to obtain secret clearance if requested for your work.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interface with and effectively represent technical solutions to executive-level SAIC stakeholders and customers.
- Organized and detailed technical writing skills.
- A work ethic with a focus on quality, results and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work both independent or in a team environment.
- The following certifications are desired:
- 3+ years of experience as a solutions architect supporting solution development and new business capture.
- 5 years of experience in end user solutions service design, implementation, and operations. Customer intimacy with various U.S. Government agencies, either within the Federal Civilian agencies, DoD or the Intelligence Community.
- 2+ years of experience with ServiceNow and/or BMC Remedy ITSM solutions
- 2+ years’ experience with service desk/call center telephony platforms in public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
- Experience in solution design, implementation and operations around service desk, deskside support, asset and configuration management and delivery of computing assets as a Service, and video teleconference.
- Solutions development will require familiarity and working knowledge of many current and emerging technology areas, including:
- Artificial Intelligence & Intelligent Automation including chatbots
- Self-Service Support
- Next-Generation Service Desk
- Digital Workplace Support
- Enterprise service delivery
- Telephony solution deployment through public, private, and hybrid cloud environments
- Unified Endpoint Management
- Remote Support Technologies
- Gold Image Management
- Enterprise Printing Technologies
- Video Management Systems
- Teleconferencing Technologies
Security Clearance Desired
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $165,001 - $175,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.