SAIC is hiring an IT Systems Engineer Senior to join our team in Radford, VA
SAIC is providing key design, installation, and research support to facilitate a successful implementation of a multilevel security (MLS) system meant to allow greater collaboration between various government networks. This project is on the forefront of new technologies and concepts, and SAIC will design, build, and test systems meant to challenge the existing paradigm of the Army enterprise network architecture.
The Systems Engineer will provide installation and management support to a Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC) system at Radford, VA.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure, and test VMware components, Windows and RHEL operating systems, system services, and endpoint security supporting an encrypted transport solution.
- Prepare engineering plans and site installation technical design packages.
- Manage storage, identity and access management, and system monitoring/auditing.
- Perform security and IA assessments to include IAVA, IAVM, and STIG assessments and integration testing and provide recommendations to improve performance/security.
- Automate configuration management, including modernization of network and systems administration functions (e.g., monitoring, logs, patching, and updates).
- Analyze system designs for risks to data confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Participate in change control board process for controlled and deliberate system changes.
- Apply process improvement practices for system installation, patching, and testing.
- Provide technical and/or non-technical systems engineering support for requirements analysis, configuring, testing, design/development and deployment of systems and software.
- Install and configure remote site CSfC instantiations based on customer direction.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; 9 years direct administration experience can be substituted for degree requirement.
- Knowledge of U.S. Department of Defense security requirements, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II certification. Must have any one of the following certifications or higher:
- Security+, CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, CND, SSCP
- Experience with Active Directory, Group Policies, and DNS
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain the interim Secret Security clearance to begin working on the contract. Must be able to obtain the full Secret Security clearance and upgrade to the Top Secret clearance. SAIC will assist with the process of obtaining the interim Secret clearance for the qualified candidate.
- Experience with MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL
- Experience with McAfee ePO.
- Strong experience in implementing and troubleshooting network management and auditing tools such as SolarWinds and Splunk.
- Experience troubleshooting, integrating, and/or supporting multiple computing systems, including Linux platforms, Windows platforms, ESXi, vCenter, etc.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.