Title: Lead Systems Integration Engineer (Multiple Positions)
SAIC is seeking Lead Systems Integration Engineers to support the VA T4NG Consolidated Corporate Support Services (CCSS) program serving our Department of Veterans Affairs Corporate Portfolio clients across the entire U.S.
- Performs design and implementation of IT systems that require the integration of diverse and complex components. Activities include creating a problem statement, defining operational requirements including integration with other systems or components, researching and modeling the system architecture and configuration, investigation alternatives, cost analysis and estimation, and decision analysis.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements, facility requirements, data storage, backup, monitoring, operations systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Applies extensive technical expertise and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives, and establishes goals to meet those objectives.
- Provides guidance to subordinates to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Work is reviewed and measured based on meeting objectives and schedules.
- Establishes and recommends changes to policies which affect subordinate organization(s).
- Develops technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of the assignment. Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective for desired results.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects.
- Represents the organization as a prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
- Interacts with senior management and external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Required Skills by VA Product Line/Role:
- May be assigned in the above role across any one or more of the four VA Corporate Product Lines (PLs - Financial, SecVA, Acquisitions and Property Mgmt, Human Capital Mgmt) individually or in parallel, full-time (for one PL) or spread across part-time (more than one PL) as needed throughout the life of the contract
- Skillsets encompass the following key areas at a minimum:
- Agile project management and team leadership
- Systems architecture
- Systems engineering
Required Education, Experience, and Clearance:
- Bachelors and 14 years or more experience, - OR –
- Masters and 12 years or more experience, - OR –
- PhD or JD and 9 years or more experience
- Ability to obtain a VA Position of Public Trust – Medium Background Investigation (MBI)
- Mastery of analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- A highly-motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and outstanding interpersonal skills
- A work ethic and technical knowledge/capability that exemplifies and inspires others to aspire to, with mastery of the ability to self-manage workload and deliverables under tight deadlines
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees are required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Where work is performed strictly at a customer site, customer site vaccination requirements preempt SAIC's vaccination policy.
Target salary range: $125,001 - $150,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.