SAIC is seeking a Software Configuration Management Specialist to support efforts in Huntsville, AL.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Candidate will function as an integral member of a team of Government, Military, and Contractor Personnel that provides program, engineering, and technical support to the Project Management Office for Aircraft Survivability Equipment (PMO ASE). PMO ASE is an acquisition management organization under the Program Executive Office for Intelligence, Electronic Warfare & Sensors (PEO IEW&S).
- The team provides acquisition management support, program research, engineering, logistics, and technical support for the development and fielding of world class aircraft survivability equipment.
- The candidate will work within PMO ASE by supporting Product Offices with, but not limited to, Configuration Control Boards (CCB), Configuration Identification, Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, Configuration Verification and Audit(s).
- Coordinates ASE Technical Division Functional Leads (i.e. Software Eng., Systems Engineering, Test, Aircraft Integration, Logistics) review of documents and request for software.
- Provides overall software change and configuration management support to PMO ASE.
- Supports traceability & accountability of version control throughout the development of software baseline development, qualification, deployment and historical records of configuration baseline lifecycles.
- Provides expertise to Software Change Requests (SCRs) reviews, Configuration Control Boards (CCBs), Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), and FQTs.
- Timely dispositions of FQT CDRLs (Request for Deviations and Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs).
- Reviews processes and documents, and attends demonstrations held by Army Reprogramming Analysis Team (ARAT) for sustainment efforts.
- Bachelor's degree and 0+ years of experience in defense industry; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Configuration Control Boards, Configuration Identification, Configuration Control, Configuration Status Accounting, Configuration Verification and Audit, Physical Configuration Audits and/or First Article Inspections, and Functional Qualification Tests.
- Knowledge of systems engineering concepts and processes.
- Experience with SharePoint and IBM Rational DOORS database.
- Knowledge of the Department of Defense (DoD) Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Life Cycle Management System
- Experience with hardware and software development, maturation, and testing
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. All SAIC employees must be fully vaccinated and they must submit proof of vaccination on their first day of employment. Prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Customer site vaccination requirements, if more strict, will take precedence over SAIC's vaccination policy.
SAIC® is a premier Fortune 500® technology integrator driving our nation's technology transformation. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes secure high-end solutions in engineering, digital, artificial intelligence, and mission solutions. Using our expertise and understanding of existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions that are critical to achieving our customers' missions.
We are more than 26,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, fostering a respectful work culture based on diversity, equity, and inclusion that values all contributors. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com.